1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Well OK, you got me there. :crackup:

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Jeebus, are you serious?

A couple motorcycle racers showing some colorful language in an interview now means that the president of the United States should? Or conversely - because he doesn't, they shouldn't?

Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

3. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

ear muffs

4. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Props to the moderator who changed the thread name.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Using profanity in the heat of emotion is ok, but if you have to use profanity as a noun, verb and adjective in everyday conversation on a regular basis, it tends to come across as a sign of lesser intelligence by many. Expand your vocabulary, don't dumb it down.

7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I actually read about 4 pages, then skipped through 17 or so, and then could not read any longer. I am positive that nothing I say will change the direction this thread goes but I had to say something.....

1. Josh is not a spoiled brat.
    2. He and his family worked/work hard for what they have.
    3. He is typically a very respectful young man.
    4. He takes the time to talk to young kids when some riders won't.

With that said, he may say things when he is mad that is not the best comment. Who doesn't. I would hate to have people looking at my life under a microscope all the time. I can assure you that Josh would never intentionally cause harm to anyone, especially a fellow racer. That does not mean he handled the aftermath properly. I just see people attacking him personally and 99% of the people here do not even know him. Carry on. Cam

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Like the thread title change. Now it doesn't sound too much like a bunch of tools with tourettes babbling on and on.

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

They shouldn't because they are paid spokespersons for their sponsors and the event. Although I used the President as an example, it's not much different in the world of PR, the media, etc. It's still public speaking and they are each representing some form of entity. Just because Colin, Barry Sheene and Biden can pull off a slip, doesn't mean everyone should.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yeah! Like in the movie The Groove Tube!

"I'm in control. I'm in the driver's seat. I'M THE FUCKING PRESIDENT!!!"

12. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Boy, ain't that the truth for most of us!

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I don't think that excuse works here. If you were involved in a serious accident at work and posted that one of the other victims was a pussy or any of the other crap JH said, you have a high probability of being fired. Same if you did it at school or in the military or whatever your situation. I don't believe that Josh had much for extenuating circumstances.

Also, when was his last problem like this? Oh yeah... the last race he was in.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably should have done it earlier. I even think about it until I read lonewrench's post.

15. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I use profanity in everyday conversation. It's a very effective way to get my point across succinctly to people from all walks of life and has nothing to do with my overall vocabulary.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had every intention of leaving the title exactly the way it was written but only because that's the OP thoughts at that time. Didn't agree with it and didn't like it but . . .

I'm glad Papa did it.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're both pussies...... :crackup:

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, proves the Germans and French can agree on something. Too bad it's being pussies. :D

20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Curse words are one of my favorite things.