1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

I don't care how many races you've seen on TV or how many in-car camera angles you've watched, it doesn't give you the real perspective and depth you get when you're actually there. -- DANICA PATRICK

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Difference with IndyCar is that a lot of us have raced motorcycles at Daytona.

3. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

He's crazy lucky that didn't go all Sete Gibernau on him. Locking up the front brake could have easily turned that bike into a 170mph trebuchet like Catalunya 2006.

4. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Speaking with Dane yesterday he's doing fine.His biggest complaint was not being able to wipe his ass as expidictiously as he would like :) That being said Dane has not commented on the current affairs at hand and I wouldn't expect him too.
    Just so you guys know Josh called me 24 hours post accident and wanted Danes number to talk with him about it. At that point I didn't think it would be a good Idea as everyones emotions were ramped up. In the following days I asked Dane what he would like to see happen,he said he felt as thought the AMA would do the right thing and judge Josh as they saw fit. In the following days Dane learned of the Herrin thread now 34 pages long and didn't feel to great about it. He and his dad Tryg only hope that everyone has learned a lesson from the accident that happened.
    I will also let you know I spoke with Josh's Mom and Dad as we have been personal friends since 2006. Both Kim and Phil were extremely concerned about Danes health and his feelings. When I told Dane he was thankful for that. Whatever the AMA does with Dane,Josh and the rest of the riders involved Dane only wishes to have lots more close racing and a great career and wishes the same for Josh. We all know the racers are gonna bump and ride very close to one another, I think after the last lap of the Daytona 200 everyone will just be a bit more cautious.
    I asked Dane specificly if he Hated Josh and he said and I quote," No way man,I don't hate anyone.He and I are gonna be racing each other for a long time to come."
    Josh and Dane are ultimately judged by the public,the AMA and thier fans with sponsors included.Remember this,we are professional racers and we will all continue racing hard.Let's try not to judge our competitors for one action alone.I know personally the fallout from this accident is massive for Josh Herrin,his family and his team. Hopefully we can get to Infineon and the slate will be clean for some of the best tight,close racing we have ever seen.
    Dane,thanks for riding your heart out everytime you jump on one of my bikes,your'e the man!
    Josh thanks for getting with me to express your feelings and getting in touch with the Wolverine :) Live and Let Live, let's go racing:up:

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:clap:

Great post!

6. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

BOMBSHELL - Westby out 2-4 weeks with 3rd degree swass.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  7. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

:moon:It's tearing the ass out of him :):wow:

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

He'll have to change his name from "The Wolverine" to "Count Rottenbottom"

9. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

:up: to Dane. Thats how you should ALWAYS carry yourself. I'm not trying to :Poke: at Josh anymore but that is a great attitude by Dane. I am glad everyone involved is ready to squash this and GO RACING! It's the best it has been for a while over the last couple years and we want more!! I became a fan of Dane's last year and hope him as well as all of these guys much success.

10. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

I've always thought, in situations such as this, less is best. It is much better to be accused of not saying enough than to say too much. It always has a way of biting you in the backside later. When or if you say something, say it later after you have had some time to consider your response.

11. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Not personally. So with that, I'll except the decline and move over to the fan page where I should be. It's all good. ;)

Glad to hear the down riders will be OK. :up:

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I became a huge fan of Westby last year based soley on his riding alone, and the more I hear about his attitude the bigger the fan I become. Super cool attitude, great racer. Big fan right here. :up:

13. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing with us Dane's condition...good to hear.
    No matter the incident, should always be politically correct in public. (specially the media)
    no cussing etc.
    Cause one day...when it comes down to picking between you and another rider for a job on the world stage...something as small as this will obviously be considered...just my two cents.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Yeah that cussing thing has really crippled the careers of Haga, Yanagawa, and Colin Edwards. :Poke:

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Well if it's A-fucking ok for them, then it must be mother fucking good for all of us, right? God damn I'm glad you used them as examples. Maybe the mother fucking President should use this post as a reference for PR? There is nothing the fuck wrong with a couple mother fucking cuss words in the world of public relatations.

Are you serious??

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Two of those guys are so hard to understand nobody would know if they are cussing or not. Just sayin'…

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I like Colin for his personality, but his post qualifying interview was unprofessional, IMO.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Unprofessional is when the interviewer doesn't expect it.

Besides, he asked them to edit it out. :crackup:

-jim

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The BEST swearer was Showa. Between his accent, his tooth (the big green fizzing one, not the yellow one) and his being a goofy assed dude it was worth $150 a season to watch. :D

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

No I'm Steven :Poke:

Your convincing debate has changed my mind. They should all speak in sponsor logos and never show anything resembling a personality because, well, someone could be offended. I feel that's an equivalent extreme to your respose as your response was to my example :p