1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Mayer; Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by atomic410, Aug 2, 2012.

1. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I think you just missed the point.

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Long after their split. I think I'm talking around '78. BTW: the band got paid and I even was paid rental for my drum set plus mileage. Those were the days!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Your own kit? Putting Backline Bob out of business!

4. This just in from Men's Journal...

Attached Files:

5. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Who booked who for their guitar festival?

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

He should have cancelled the show. That's bullshit, not to have the lighting at the level it should be is unacceptable.

I was actually surprised that Travis Tritt didn't cancel his first show with us because the sound people were terrible. I had been trying to get them to use a different company for awhile. That show was the last straw and that sound company has never worked there again.

Treating staff like shit is another thing. I wouldn't work for a bunch of asshole musicians and won't. The club knows that and always backs me up. Abusive treatment will void a contract. Kind of an Dept. of Labor/OSHA thing. ;)

7. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

The bookings are hand-picked based on people he sees at the top of their game. How old is Eric Clapton? You think he might have a little jump on having the time to gain the clout to organize an annual music festival?

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I saw Eric Clapton on his Nothing but the Blues tour here in Knoxville back in the mid-90s. What a great show. No intense light show or silly bullshit. Just good blues. The opening act, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, was excellent too.