1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Mayer; Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by atomic410, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Hey Meat, Shut the fuck up and load the gear.:crackup:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I would but Union rules say all I can do is point at these poor bastards and tell em which trailer is rigging. :D

John Mayer still sucks donkey balls.;)

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

As head of security at the club I remember telling Luke Bryan's tour manager, "I don't give a fuck what your contract says."

I don't care how famous or successful a musician or band is. It doesn't make two shits to me when you disrespect me or my people you will not get my help.

When he called back to do another show he was told, "not until you hire a different crew." :D

4. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

This. Dude wails. Blues, Rock, R&B. Damn good guitar player. Top 5 of my generation.

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Who's your daddy!:D

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not one mention of the slam song dedicated to JM by Taylor Swift?

You guys are slipping. :D

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No..the rest of us aren't ghey enough to know that a slam song by Taylor Swift exists.....

8. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Who's this Taylor Swift you speak of?

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This coming from the guy with a man crush on John Mayer? :Poke:

Well, maybe you need to work on your daily news intake on the web, it was all over Yahoo a few months ago. And yes I actually clicked on the song link to Youtube to listen to the words, it was kinda funny to me.

Btw- you BF was heart broken and offended by the slam song. :D

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Kenny's BF is Ty Tabor. He knows not what you're talking aboot! :D

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Cops...always 2 years behind. No one uses Yahoo! anymore. :D

Jay knows where it's at.

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

This is a true tale that goes back quite a ways. I was hired to play percussion on a show in Daytona Beach w/Jerry Lewis. The man was in his prime. Sold out everywhere he went.
    He showed up for the afternoon rehearsal and was a pretty cool dude. We played the opener. Jerry came out and had a good look around. The lighting was not even close to what was specified in the contract and could not be remedied in time to coordinate w/the rehearsal. On the spot Jerry cancelled the show.
    Front line acts don't accept second rate; either fulfill the contract or loose your ass.
    I kid you not; big act contracts specify stuff right down to the hand soap required. And they get it.

And Steelfoot, I did haul a bass amp in my car when I was in a horn band in high school. But after that I became a professional.:up:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Great Balls of Fire? Goodness gracious!

14. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Damn, that's sad. Eric Clapton was top five of my generation.:rock:

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Mayer can play circles around Mr. Overrated Clapton.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Was this while he was still working with Deano?

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Every chick wants to see what that dumb bitch Jessica Simpson tastes like. Plain and simole

18. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

You know that Clapton has booked Mayer for every one of his Crossroads Guitar Festivals, and that Clapton personally chooses the talent for those? It seems your opinion and his of JM differ quite a bit.

19. Didn't I hear that he had the surgery for vocal chord pol-lops and it came out poorly? So, his vocal ability is in the can, but he can still rip on his axe. Or was it someone else I'm thinking of ?

20. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

I think you just agreed with me?