1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'd have a gay dad?

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think she has been busted a couple of times.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

One steroid and one diuretic. The second was weird because it was out of competition, and usually it’s used to aid a weight cut.

Kind of a Jon Jones situation. The best ever, but...

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He has to get through Parker first. That's supposed to be a throwaway fight too, but Parker has great speed and hits like a truck. It only takes one at heavyweight.

You think Wilder is going to get killed? I'd take that bet. If it goes 12, it's Joshua for sure. If somebody gets knocked out, my money is on Wilder. I get that he looks sloppy sometimes but he lands, and Ortiz is a brawler so not the guy you're going to look good against.

5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I think Wilder looked gassed after just first few rounds, I don't see that flying against AJ . But I've been wrong before , that said, I'm in for a few bucks if he gets past Parker.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ortiz couldn't finish him. Dunno how Wilder stayed up under that barrage.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He was saved by the bell in the 7th for sure. Ortiz fucked him up.

Not a technical clinic by any means. Couple of tough dudes though, and I enjoyed it.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

HW has been abysmal for so long I had completely lost interest. It's getting interesting again.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'd let her beat me up...

Post that pic back up... o_O

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It may be time to change the title of this thead. Replace Rousey with Nunes.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Didn't she get her ass knocked the F out with a foot to the face she was uncinciiyd before she hit the canvas.
    IMO highly overated fighters, from a organization that endlessly promotes.
    It was pathetic watching the Eminem clone Mc Gregor or whatever his name was fight Floyd Mayweather.
    Floyd coulda knocked that dude out pretty much at will at almost any point in that case circus, and Floyd certainly was not puncher.... overrated hype shows....
    Oops that's my opinion on modern MMA...thanks but no thanks

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Floyd propped.him up.to make the "over-under" of the 9th round....a while ago.

13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Ya she got the daylights knocked out of her by Holly Holm
    And yes she was no fighter, she just went up against fighters that weren't good either and couldn't defend a takedown. That.. she was good but that's where it ended with her.

McGregor too wasn't anything great. He was just a brawler. No technic and no refinement on his end.

Yup I miss the good old technical fighters. GSP !!!

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

@KneeDragger_c69 I realize you're trolling a bit but Rhonda was an absolutely an elite fighter. Saying otherwise is silly. The game just inevitably changes and leaves yesterday's stars behind.

Everybody at the top level is technical, and Conor has some really elite striking. You don't think it was technique that knocked out Aldo? How about Edgar? How about Cerrone? Those aren't bums. You train Muay Thai right? You know how hard it is to hit someone with great movement? All three of those guys understand angles and footwork and how to stay out of trouble, but none could solve the puzzle and all got finished.

Is he the best of all time? Not even close, but calling him a brawler with no technique is preposterous. There's not a guy in the top 10 of any division who isn't extremely advanced.

On another note, did you see Cory Sandhagen send Frankie to hell last weekend? Yikes! Watch out for that dude.

turbulence likes this.
  15. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

ITT, guys sitting on their couch critiquing pro fighters

(not directed at you Jbraun)

JBraun likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

Not trolling a bit..

Rhonda had ger strength but was nothing incredible, she just didn't have great talent in her division that could defend her throw down.

Aldo vs McGregor... come on. Aldo was stupid in that fight. McGregor had him where he wanted him, mentally not there. I'll give him that he was good throughing his opponents off their game mentally. Khabib didn't fall for it, which kept him cool for the fight... until the end. See what happens when you don't keep focus.

My analasis of it comes from a coaching POV.

And I do understand that these athletes eventually find their match and slow down.

No didn't get to see last weeks fights... not following very much anymore.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's because most people are clueless about what a pro MMA fighter could do to them. I've had the opportunity to move around with a few guys on the UFC and Bellator rosters. Now, understand that there are over 700 fighters on the UFC roster alone, and these guys aren't just unranked, some haven't even graced the early prelims of a free fight night card. They're essentially nobodies to the world but I see how hard they train and what they invest.

I'm 41 and will never be a real fighter. I enjoy the craft and the training, but I don't have that lion in me, I've done a little boxing and wrestling, and train BJJ almost daily, so I understand combat better than most people, but when I get in there, I get absolutely fucking destroyed by these guys. I'm basically stepping in to get them a sweat and be a punching bag/grappling dummy, and we're not going 100%.

In a real fight with small gloves and no shin guards or head gear I'd be dead in less than a round. It makes it hard when I hear casual fans talk shit about what they think they would be able to do in there.

turbulence likes this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

Not criticizing just giving an opinion, as a enthusiste of another discipline and coach.

JBraun likes this.
  19. KneeDragger_c69

Guys... just cause someone gives an opinion that you need to jump the gun and think they don't understand and or trolling.
    Some people might not know and others know much more.

We don't always know people's background on the Beebs, so don't always jump to conclusions cause it doesn't go with your mind frame or opinion.

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i mean... my dude.. an opinion is one thing, but you just used the words

no fighter
    weren't good
    couldn't defend a takedown
    wasn't anything great
    just a brawler
    no technique
    no refinement
    nothing incredible
    stupid
    mentally not there

when talking about Rousey, Holm, Aldo, and Mcgregor who have 77 UFC wins and 26 UFC belts between them

12 wins and 8 belts - rousey
    14 wins and 2 belts - holm
    29 wins and 11 belts - Aldo
    22 wins and 5 belts - Mcgregor

so yeah.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021