1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I understand why someone that gets KO'd would get a suspension for health reasons.
    Why would the winner get one?

Is the sanctioning body just saying "take a break" and don't risk your noggin during this time?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In most cases, the winner gets more than a few blows to the head.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks. I didn't know, but it makes sense that it's a medical precaution.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Read that earlier. Loooong read, but yeah.... it's good.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Very long read, and honestly, I expected more of a humbling interview.

Seemed like a lot of excuses...

"I wasnt even in the fight" yea no shit, you were outfought by a better fighter from the get go who obviously did their homework.

Rhonda is certainly a great talent, but we saw what happened against a well rounded fighter that didn't get taken to the ground.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is "I wasn't even in the fight" an excuse? It's the same thing everyone on here has been saying since it happened.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It seems that someone is still coming to grips with what happened.
    The choice to remain in "hiding" is not what I would do or ever suggest to any competitor.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed, she wasn't in the fight she said after she got rocked in the first round.

I am a fan and will be. She doesn't give a fuck what people think and honestly, Rob I can't see you not being in love with her because you don't give a fuck. Just look at that beard... No seriously, that's what I like about her.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This is honestly the part that has me confused. Because I would think that she would be out, training harder. Using that bruised face and bruised ego as motivation.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think we didn't read the same article.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Pure speculation here, but here psyche game may have been a huge component to who she was.
    The way I see, you talk, you loose. You shut up. You win. You start talking again! :)

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The way I intrepreted it as if she wasn't worried about the fight and that's why she lost.

Kinda like when racers say "I don't normally run that class so I wasn't trying"
    I could be 100% off base, and that's fine.
    Just the way I read it is that she was making some undertoned excuses.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I read it as "I got my ass whooped and I'm embarrassed." Seemed like a pretty humble interview to me actually.

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Agree...maybe I misinterpret what people are saying. I see people say she's 'making excuses' when I read it as she was explaining why she lost. Maybe it's the same thing.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Holm risks a big payday if she fights Tate and loses.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Had to give a shout out to the gold & bronze medal winners from Rio!!!!!!!!!!!! :Puke: