1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. triffecpa

triffecpa Well-Known Member

I have a Rossi 972 (made by Taurus). Highly polished, 6" six shot .357 mag. I like the gun a lot. Have put 1000 rounds thru it with zero issues. You can plink with .38 special at the range which is a bit cheaper than the .357 loads. The only issue is that there are not a lot of grip options for the Rossi.

Paid just less than $400 for it off gunbroker.com a year or so ago.

TR

Attached Files:

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

So... Then this happened!

This thing is a great shooter! Eventually I'll get around to the trigger and other fancy parts, but as it is now, at 25 yds you can hit quarters all day.

Attached Files:

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Nice. I've wanted one for a while. Been eye balling the CZ75

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Thanks. The decision was tough between the CZ75, Glock 34, FNH long slide, S&W's M&P pro, and the xdm competition. Had they had a stock M&P in the 5" I would have picked it up, but all they had was the 4.25" with fixed rear sight. The wife and I wanted to shoot so I didn't want to wait for an order. I'm glad I picked the XDM. It's a great shooter, and it's hard to beat the 19 round capacity mags.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I like my XDM, a friend has the M&P pro and likes my XDM better. :)

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Just picked these up today, S&W M&P Shield 9mm and a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical 20 gauge semi auto.

Attached Files:

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I got a guy that you could send that Mossy to. He'll make it the best shotgun you've ever shot. My Remington 870 kicks like a .410 with buckshot in it. Here's the list of upgrades I have:
    Mesa tactical Leo adapter
    Hydraulic buffer
    Magpul stock
    Magpul k2 grip
    Magpul forend
    Truglo fiber optic front sight
    [​IMG]

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I came across the Marlin STP 45-70. Damn. If I could afford to shoot it I'd buy one tomorrow. Fookin hell that rifle is badass. I'd buy a horse and ranch just to go with it. But I can't even afford the ammo lol.

9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It's a 20 gauge, it already kicks like a 20 gauge, I think we're good.:)

10. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

Just got my Glock 43 in...paid $350. I've got it all fingered up, but haven't gone pew pew with it, yet.

11. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

The wife's birthday present, Para 1911 Expert. She loves it, but it shoots about 3" low at 25'.
    [​IMG]

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have a G34 like that. Dying to shoot it. Lol

13. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Here is my most recent purchase. I've always wanted a 1911 and when S.A. came out with the Range Officer Champion, I just couldn't say no....
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic of the R.O.Ch. residing in a new TT Gunleather brand IWB Mike's Special.......left-handed of course.....I've had that affliction my whole life.
    [​IMG]

I changed out the thumb safety for a Wilson Combat ambi in stainless, along with the slide release in stainless. I like the look of the offsetting colors of the Parkerized finish of the gun and the stainless of the safety and slide release.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  14. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Nice. My buddy bought one a few months ago. I really liked it

15. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Are you sighting with a 6 O'clock sight picture, or using point of aim?

Which of these three are you using at 25'?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  16. Mud Whistle

It seems to be a decent entry-level 1911.

Sight picture #3 yielded a hit about 3" low.

17. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Wow! I'd call them up and see if they'll do a warranty job for you. It sounds like something isn't right.

18. Mud Whistle

I had not considered that, honestly. I'll reach out to them and see.

19. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

what ammo are you using? Mild or hot? It's actually very common, especially on 1911's - I think some mfgrs do it on purpose. can be fixed with a file and some patience.

20. Mud Whistle

Winchester target loads, 230g FMJ.