1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Where did these Canik firearms come from? I've never heard of them until recently...

3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Turkish.

thrak410 likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I've heard of them but it seems they've become popular overnight.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Turkish manufacturing has been a thing for decades.

6. Jedb

Yes.
    The MKE variants are pretty damn good versions of the HK-MP5 / 94, etc..

7. fastfreddie

If you look at Turkish firearms distributors, there are active listings for things like, oh, drone R44 helos, MK19 grenade launchers, 20mm ammo, AK variant sniper platforms that actually look purpose-built as opposed to some spaghetti barrel wrapped in wood riveted to a stamped receiver, etc. All Turkish made.

It makes the Czechs look like amateurs, no offense to their high level of enthusiasm, and really makes us look kinda hypocritical.

8. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Im down for when it can be thrown together....Ill bring some Sub guns for the little one to mess around with (although he's not that little anymore). If it gets pushed out to spring, I should hopefully have some cans by then so he can mess around with those as well!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. motorkas

Sweet, even though I know you know what you got, still curious to hear what you think about it when you get to shoot it....Im still pissed Ron shot it better than I did when we got together....like really pissed....:D

10. motorkas

Just picked this up yesterday to complete the set (all bought within the last month or two)

634E4A7D-6B68-499B-9B6F-50ECD2FCE1FB.jpeg

Got about 800 rds through the 9in; 600 through the P and just put 100 today through the M to start it's break in....got all three for the price of ONE HK....zero issues with any of them....definitely a fan of MKE

74954BF2-4F01-4D4A-893E-012575DF55CF.jpeg

ungwaha, Triple X, wsmc42 and 2 others like this.
  11. Jedb

@motorkas
    I believe MKE bought/licensed older HK tooling.

Either way, they are good firearms.
    Additionally, Pakistani Ordinance Factories (POF) make very good weapons using the HK platform.

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’m flying a lot right now it may not be until late January but got it together. I have a thunder beast suppressor I’ll throw on it when I go shoot.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple X and BC like this.
  13. I need all of those in my life.

14. What's the deal with the all the new S&W 2.0 Metal 5" Competitors on GunBroker?

This will be my next purchase:
    M2.0 Metal Series | Smith & Wesson (smith-wesson.com)

There are several of them on GunBroker, but every single one of them only ships with 10rnd mags. They come with 17rnd mags from the Factory, but none of them on GB come with that. They all ship with 4ea 10rnd mags.

And no, they aren't coming from California or Illinois or someplace like that. In the listings they even have the disclaimer about "We cannot ship guns to CA with high capacity rounds" so on and so forth. They are coming from PA, VA, and TX. I am not sure about PA, but I know VA and damn sure TX doesn't have any limit on mag capacity. So why are they only coming with 10rnd mags?

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

No 10 round BS in PA....yet.

16. I sent questions to the 3 sellers that carried them and they all said the same thing. They said it is designed for the 17 round mag, but none of them have any in stock. Apparently there is a shortage on the 17 round mags. So they send it with 4x 10 round mags.

Ill just wait till i can get it with 17s.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I watched a review last night. If you already have 17 round mags from another M&P, they will work in this as well.

18. I can't remember if I have any M&P 9mm guns or not. I know I have that .45ACP from the Performance Center, love that one. But I can't remember about their 9mms. Seems like I bought some a few years ago but im not sure.

19. fastfreddie

Metal...it's what has been known to make the best firearms platforms ever, in history and for the future. Just wait. Glock will be out with theirs soon enough.
    Funny how 1911s had it right all the time and people are just now realizing the truth. Now if they'll just stop being made in aluminum and called "metal", everything will be right with the world, again.
    :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I received my Bolt the other day...pretty impressive! Supposedly, I got the first next gen in the country. It records sound too.

Thanks for the advice

Steak Travis likes this.