1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You can even get a 17 round now that is pretty much the same size as the 15. They are both pretty hard to conceal but are great for backup.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Thanks GG. Based on your usual no-BS evaluations, I'll be giving your recommendations a lot of weight. :beer:

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Yes, limited to 10 rounds.

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

What would the main differences between the P365 and the 365 XL be?

5. GixxerJohn011

XL has 1/2” longer slide and a little longer grip to accommodate the 12 round mag vs the 10 of the standard. All of the X’s are cut for a dot also.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

All these trigger safety gun issues, are these the same people that get run over by their own car cuz it's an automatic? :D
    I'll be safe from gun snatchin' hoodlums taking my guns cuz they won't know how to operate a manual transmission. ;)

R/T Performance likes this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

The 10 round mags will not seat in the XL frame but if you decide to go the CL route you can order a standard frame with the XL barrel and slide through Sig’s concierge service if you go that route. As far as I know you would have to modify the Canik mags to get down to 10.

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I've seen the XL in the local Cabela's, so I think they must've just put something inside the bigger mags to reduce it down to 10 round capacity. Not sure about the Canik.
    Thanks for the info!

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I picked up a P320-M17 a couple days ago and really enjoyed its maiden trip to the range. I have been looking hard at the P322 for an inexpensive training tool - how does it feel next to a P320 in terms of ergonomics and feel? Does it warrant picking one up?

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yea, as far as I know that issue has been resolved and I'm willing to bet there are just some folks looking for a way out in regards to explaining their NDs. That said, Sig also kind of opened themselves up to such scrutiny by having the issues in the first place. They seem to have a habit of beta testing their prototypes on the civilian market. One of the reasons I shy away from their stuff these days. Kind of a shame really because from an innovation perspective, I really like some of the stuff they do.

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

used to edc a g43 and now a g43x. Granted i edc a 43x, g19 and ruger lcr .22 depending on what i wear/where im going. Ive shot the 365 a few times, i like it "for a sig". Its size is nice but like all tiny pistols its just a snappy lil fucker. All comes down to what youre comfortable carrying around also. Sometimes im super comfy with my g19 and i dont feel underpowered with like .22 also

12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I think I might've asked this before, but has anybody tried the Beretta PX4 compact carry?

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Handled it. Blocky grip - like a Glock, like a VP9, like a Canik...
    I wanted to like it, a lot, but I just don't have the hands for those guns.

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Wilderness 6.5 creed SP .. 18" barrel. Picked it up today. Will get a pic once I get a scope mounted. Waiting on standard Leupold base and rings and going to put a vx5 on it.

15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

They have 10rd mags for the 365XL now too for those in mag limited areas.

Gorilla George and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  16. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Those factory Sig P365 XL 10 round mags are steaming horseshit. They took the standard 12 round mag and just indented the sides to prevent the follower from dropping deep enough to accept more than 10 rounds. The problem is those dimples interfere with the spring, causing binding and snagging. They went with the ghetto rigged design, rather than doing in the right way.

17. :stupid:

Depending on what I am wearing, I often go back to the 12 round mag. There is a pretty big difference in length between the 12 and the 15. The 15 prints a lot more.

I keep the 15 and the 17 loaded and handy, but ill often carry with the 12 installed simply because it is so much easier to conceal.

18. XL.

:D

The XL has a little longer barrel (off memory, I think it is 1/2"), and the grip is a little longer (can't remember how much). It isn't a GREAT deal bigger than the standard P365 but it is enough to make it much more comfortable in my hand. The reach to the trigger is much better than the Hellcat (for me). My hands are kinda big and I find the reach to the trigger with a barrel length of only 3" very awkward. The little extra length of the XL makes a world of difference for me.

They are both only 1" thick, so that is good.

tgold likes this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Whatever it takes man!!!:crackup:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have my son this weekend and we were considering going out and wasting some 9mm....we usually go to Guntry in Owings Mills....but, we could be open to maybe shooting elsewhere.
    He's too young (12) to shoot at Heritage in Frederick, yet.

Thanks for the offer, BTW. I'll bring my DH3, of course. @motorkas may be intersted in trying the DH3, too.