1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My dad has one so I’ve spent some pretty good time with it. I don’t see it being worth the cost as an upgrade but if starting from scratch and you can conceal it then it’s absolutely the way to go.

It does shoot softer but it’s not some black magic that turns it into a full size competition rig. The changeable back strap is nice especially if you have bigger hands but I had already handled that on my XL with a Boresight Solutions grip.

The capacity is obviously a plus but it’s a little big for me to conceal. It’s almost identical to an XL with a 15 round mag in it but if you want something a touch smaller, tighter shirt maybe, you don’t have the option to go down to a 12 round magazine. I guess it’s not really a concern if you keep both though.

The other plus is a true rail. You have way more options on flashlights. I don’t carry a WML but I keep one on my nightstand gun so I don’t shoot my 16 year old sneaking in the house. I came really close to replacing that gun with a Macro just to have as similar a platform as possible in an oh shit situation but I’m a little worried about being blinded by the compensator in a dark room.

For now I kept the XL with a 17 round macro magazine for a backup. Macro mags, if you can find them, will seat in any 365. The Macro though can only take Macro mags, all of the others are too short.

Edit…also of note, because of the rail, kydex holsters won’t be interchangeable.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Thats some good info, thanks for that.

I cant really fault my 365XL for anything, and as I said earlier, I often carry it with the 12 round mag because it is much easier to conceal.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  3. Depends. They are about the same length wise and macro is probably 1/2” or so longer grip. Main benefit for the macro is the rails so like me you can attach a bunch of cool shit to and spend way to much money on things you don’t need.
    agree. The rail is the biggest plus for me, my wallet always wants to be out of my pocket so it convinced my brain I needed one with a rail. Being serious I like the rail Mount stuff because when holestered in the vehicle as long as it doesn’t catch on anything on the way out I’m ok with it. I also prefer to have a light on mine guns if I can

4. Well shit. I might need one them.

I also like lights; a lot of mine have lights. The Canik TP9-Elite SC has a light on it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thanks for the info. Im researching this beauty now!

6. GixxerJohn011

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Picked this up prior to christmas.
    New to me: Canik SC. Holosun 407 and light.

Canik_SC.jpeg

8. Dude that is my exact EDC. Same light and I think same optic too. I can't remember exactly which model I have, but it looks the same.

Jedb likes this.
  9. GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  10. Motherfucker! Let me get mine first!

11. Ya, that’s kind of why I pointed out the rail stuff. I have some Broome tendencies when it comes to going a bit too far with shit :) Does remind me that I need to throw another coat spot putty on my mold for a carbon fiber mount for my wife’s car. Nice having access to a scanner to make truly custom fit stuff. Basically it just will hold / encase an off the shelf holster.

12. GixxerJohn011

:crackup:That backfired on me a little bit. When I started looking around at their lights I ended up ordering a Sure fire Stiletto Pro.

13. Speaking of, what do y’all use for optics on a carry? Only one I have that I use is a Trijicon. RMR (I think, is the model). I picked it up as part of a trade and I like it but still kind of annoys me with a carry. I like the fact I have full view of the target, which I’d rather be on the side of caution for a carry gun. Although I’m good with iron sights I do find the red dot much easier to from unholster to identify target to shoot time. I try to practice loosely based on how I’d have to use a gun. That has always been a big gap I’ve seen with a lot of people that carry. No one is going to to wait for you to get your footing and breathing right :)

14. I need to start doing crack. It has to be cheaper than $ I spend on outdoor stuff I don’t need. I’m the person that spends the money of multiple of everything for bass fishing and use same 3 things every time I fish. To me I’m just contributing to sponsorship of anglers to keep the sport going. That’s my justification :)

GixxerJohn011 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Dude that is me with car washing stuff. I have SO many different products and gadgets and different wands and brushes and shit. Several different vacuums and leaf blowers, many different pressure washer outlet fittings, rolling chairs and tables, about 7 different foam cannons, ALL kinds of shit. But yet every time I wash the car I use the same shit. :crackup:

I will see a product or gadget on a video or on Amazon and will be like "Oh, I NEED that!" as if my life has been incomplete this whole time without that shit. Then I get it, and don't use it. Kinda like 9,824 of my guns. :crackup:

16. GixxerJohn011

I have Holosuns on my dot guns. I wanted to go with a Trijicon but on the 365’s the rear sight is attached to the plate so at the time of my purchase the Holosun was the only one that gave you some sort of irons if your dot goes down. I’ve just stuck with them since. I’ve had zero issues and some things, like the battery tray, I actually prefer over some that cost twice as much. I like dots on pistols so much that a new gun isn’t really even considered if it’s not cut for one.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I slowed down. The competition version doesn't have a compensator, does it?

I've converted from Vortex and have recently become a Holosun Fanboy due to their shake away feature. Another must have for me is the ability to change the battery without disrupting zero.

18. :stupid:

I have a lot of guns that aren't optic ready, but I stopped buying non-optic ready guns like 2 years ago or some shit. If I see a gun I like and it doesn't have optic cuts or they don't offer it, then I won't get it. Well, unless there is an aftermarket slide available for it that has a cutout for optics, ive went down that path a few times.

But at the end of the day, I am the same. No optic = no deal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    speedluvn likes this.
  19. GixxerJohn011

I’ve been resisting the urge to go buy an RC car. I raced them until I was about 14. Around Christmas Cleetus posted a video giving some 70mph damn near indestructible 1/8th scale trucks to his guys. They were doing all the cool shit I couldn’t do with my race cars way back when.
    For now I have resisted the urge to buy one because it’s going to go one of two ways. I’ll either be a grown ass man with a $1,000 worth of RC stuff that I played with for 10 minutes or I’ll go all in and probably put $15,000 into it and try to race again…honestly im not real proud of either situation.

20. I don't have that page open anymore, but by memory I don't think it does. My Performance Center .45 ACP has a built-in compensator, but I don't think that 9mm Competitor does.

I am the same, those 2 features are big for me. Not having shake-awake is a deal breaker for me. I am surprised that Springfield made their new "HEX" optics without shake-awake. That seems like a gross oversight IMO.

speedluvn likes this.