1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Well, you say that, but reviews all over the place are overwhelming positive... unless you just mean 1911s in general :crackup:

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Alex and I put about 150 rounds through my new Sig P320XFive DH3 yesterday, and my P322.

The DH3......IF you EVER get a chance to shoot one....DO IT. It's the accuracy of my Canik Rival, maybe even better, with the refinement of my P226 Legion.
    I have a Holosun 507c on my Rival....I'm not putting one on this 320...I don't think I need it. All my shots were in the center mass in a 10cm group at 10 yards.
    I could have probably shot a smiley face on the target's head if I had wanted to.

The BIGGEST thing though, is the chassis balance on the DH3. The gun has some weight to it that works to your advantage. Muzzle flip/jump is almost non-existent. You can
    shoot fast and accurate...you don't really have to "find" the target again after each shot. The grips...Super Glue.

I let a RSO pop a few rounds off, and I think he may have gone home to fetch his "lucky sock".

The 322...fun little gun. Had a few rounds misfeed. But not a big deal. Feels good in your hand, has remarkably good sights on it for the price point. I think we put 150 through that as well
    and I had a lot of fun with that little Party Popper.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

If you have 2011 mag that are finiky than you need to tune them, I have bunches of them with 10's of thousands of rounds and no issues and usually it's not the mag it's usually a combination of the round length and the spring/follower combination....

4. Critter

Critter Registered

1911 and 2011's are just as reliable as a glock or anything else....You do need to clean them more often than a glock, but a mediocre 1911 or 2011 will out shoot any glock as it relates to accuracy. If you go medium price range like a STI, (Stocatto) now any of those will shoot dimes at distances where glocks cannot even shoot extra large paper plates.

If you want a 2011 that runs all day every day and will shoot then just look at the Tommy Guns in North Carolina, I have 4 of his 2011 and several STI 2011 and ALL of them run with no jams, Jeff just tunes the STI's and added a few things to make them run all day every day on any ammo I buy or load.

If your 11 is having issues that's the gunsmith or owner not cleaning it

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

This is sacrilege to this thread but 2023 is going to be no new gun new year. Luckily I picked one up a couple days ago and should get it from the FFL Tuesday. Bergara 6.5 creed but after that I’m done for a year… supposedly

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

I'm with ya...I went "FULL @Gorilla George" last year myself. I finished with that P320 DH3, and that thing is 9mm perfection. Just need to enjoy what I've acquired.

April 15 is the Beginner's Match for the MasonDixon Precision Rifle Series for 2023. I have my son that weekend. So, I'll discuss it with him tonight and see if he wants to do it with me.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I think you said your brother has one so don't need to tell you how good they are, congrats! Which one did you end up getting?

One thing to consider that I found out the hard way, if you're going to put a rail on it, put those little plastic rail protectors on it before mounting the optic - they'll save you some skin and blood when loading ( it always got taken off at the joint of my thumb. . .:mad:)

IMG_4026 (1).jpg

8. BAN HIM!

Im gonna try my best to not buy any guns in January. I will only be home about 5 days in January, so I think it is doable. But im not making any promises. :D

Triple X likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Planning on going to a gun show this weekend with the objective of narrowing down the field for a fairly compact 9mm for concealed carry. I could go back through the 600 plus pages of this thread and find the info I'm looking for, but I don't think I can spare the time.
    Here's the preferences I have: small physical size. (I live in New York state, so I really want to minimize any hint of showing that I'm carrying. People around here tend to overreact and call the police if they even think you might be carrying and the laws are on their side. ) other than that, I think I'd like a pretty solid gun as far as weight goes in order to reduce recoil. I don't want to fell like I'm getting smacked in the hand with a hammer every time I fire it. I really like my Beretta 92x, but it's a lot bigger than something I'd want to carry.
    Suggestions?

11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Sig 365 xl.....shot Ron's yesterday (along with his 365 SAS). Everybody on here raves about them and after shooting it I can see why, small footprint, shoots like a bigger gun in terms of recoil....will definitely be picking one up for my self for a summer carry in a couple of months.

It's pretty much the definition of what youre looking for.

tgold and Gorilla George like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

CZ P10s or Canik TP9 Elite Subcompact would be my 2 that I carry.

The most popular 9mm EDC subcompact now days is the Sig P365.

tgold likes this.
  13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m the luck bastard that got Chris’s staccato. Great gun. Let me know if you want to take it for a spin.

sanee, StaccatoFan and Gorilla George like this.
  14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What , did you forgo the milk a cookies and leave a blowjob by the tree?

15. Canik TP9 Elite SC or Sig P365XL.

Ive tried 10-12 different EDCs, and those 2 are my preference. And by "tried", I mean I gave them all an honest run at the range and spent days (and in some cases weeks) carrying them.

In terms of shootability and concealability, those 2 are at the top of my list.

YMMV

StaccatoFan and tgold like this.
  16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Another vote for a 365 of some sort and the TP9. 365 XL is what I carry. I don’t speak lawyerese, are you limited to 10 rounds? If you are the original 365 is 10 rounds and is small enough to throw in your pocket, I’m not a fan of pocket carry but it will fit if that’s your thing. I can’t get a full grip on the 10 round mags but they have a 10 round with a pinky perch that allows me to get good grip.

tgold likes this.
  17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I recently ran across a video of people, mostly LEO's having accidental discharges with the P320. Most holstered. I guess there's a lawsuit going on.

Anyone here of this? Have they fixed the issue?

18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

One officer claimed it was sitting on his desk and “just went off”, video showed later he had it in his hand with booger hook on the trigger. The female officer that “it went off” admitted it was loose in her purse not in a holster and it went off when she put her purse on her shoulder. Not trying to start bashing LEO’s but most of us on here have more training than they do. Seems to be a complacency issue. The only other ones I’ve heard of are when re holstering.

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yes they had a recall of the early 320s. There are videos that show a blow to the back of the gun simulating dropping it and they would fire. Now some are claiming issues on post recall units. Yet I could not find one video of said malfunctions. Maybe some are looking for a scapegoat or payday. With all the security cameras in the world how have none of these incidents been caught. Please get me up to speed if anyone can point me to a vid.

20. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You can also use OEM sig 12 and (I think) 15 round mags in the 365 if wanted. I have a few 12's and didn't have to change base plates or anything to have them fit correctly. Of course, makes the gun slightly less conceal able.