1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Dragons: Yes or FK NO?

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The prequel starts tonight. Are you willing to give it a shot on the notion that they'll be desperate to make up for the disgrace that was season eight, or was that disgrace just too much and it killed all interest in anything moving forward?
    I was hoping the prequel would start before "The Doom", thus allowing us to see Valeria, Aegon's rise, and to see Balerion, The Black Dread lay waste to Harren hall. But no, we'll split the difference: 150 years after that, but 150 years before Danerys.
    I'll give it a go, ever hopeful that they want to regain those who were so happy during the 1-6 era.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'll give it an episode or 2.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No way. Not after the way HBO wrecked GOT :crackup:

tophyr and Senna like this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm just hoping for some boobs. :D

DBConz, ChemGuy, britx303 and 3 others like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

As someone with very limited time and patience for idiot box, I won't be watching.

As a shareholder of the parent company I hope it is successful.

And... Boobs.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    G 97Garth

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

What?

418 likes this.
  8. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Is Garth transitioning and growing a pair...

of boobs. :D:Pop:

Oh wait, you meant he IS a boob. :crackup:

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Tough for me to come back after how GoT ended. I also think GRRM will never finish the series at this point, so it’s always kinda painful to revisit.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No. Are you serious? It's gonna be by the same writers (at BEST) as S8.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do I have to watch GOT first?

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We liked the first season of Dr.Who with Smith as the doctor. However Seeing the previews with him as a dragon riding character for this series made it an immediate no fk’n way. He’s locked in to always being a goofy dr.who. Never saw season 8 of GoT.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Some folks are easily entertained.

britx303 likes this.
  14. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I liked it.

Those bitching about S8, they atleast have source material to use and as long as they follow that, they should be good. And apparently GRRM was used again as consultant. This wasn’t the case in S8, supposedly.

stk0308 and Blammo like this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Can’t argue with that. Every time you post, I stare at your avatar at least 30 seconds :crackup:

Razr likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I watched it last night.....I thought it wasn't terrible. No idea what direction they'll go it, but it had the baseline requirements boobs and sex, gore and blood, dragons and death. It was a decent prologue episode.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dr. Who has been on since the '60s. Smith was not alive for the first season.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So far I give it a meh. The makeup for the leads looks like they've been powdered with baby powder from head to toe.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I think evidence of GRRM consulting can be confirmed with the decision to have a 4 second close up on a mangled prosthetic dick

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Now we know where Bronn got his inspiration to round up all the known thieves.