1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House of Dragons: Yes or FK NO?

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I keep looking at Daemon (Matt Smith) and I swear it's Doogie Howser trying to look like the elf from Lord of the Rings.

Jed, ChemGuy, HPPT and 1 other person like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You nailed it!

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I keep picturing as Dr. Who in a bow tie.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did Daemon get in? Just the tip?

5. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

Unlike Daemon in the brothel....

6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

So I wasn’t the only one wondering…

Those Targarens sure are a weird bunch.

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

It’s getting better.

I’m realizing how good of an actor the king is. Man that guys fucking dynamic

Blammo and bleacht like this.
  8. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Fk no! Haven’t watched series television in forever. Racing, movies, discovery/history channel and local news usually for me.

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

We watched him in his mini-series "The Suspicions of Mr Whicher", which was really good.

Daemon.....all I can see is Prince Phillip with long hair, since Matt played him in The Crown.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I like it so far. Question... is the new baby boy, the one the king had with the dragon princess' friend, The Mad King's father? like he's going to grow up and birth the Mad King? so then this is like 4 generations or so before Game of Thrones? or its way way before? What's the time line here? I swore I've heard that name Eagon (sp?) before. (disclosure: have not read these books so I have no idea about the backstory).

11. I think I have seen this title somewhere, but havent watched it. What is it about?

Or, my real question is, does it ACTUALLY have dragons in it?

Someone told me there were dragons in GOT, so I started watching it. I could never get into it, couldnt keep the characters straight, and most importantly, never saw any fucking dragons. So I gave up after like 3 episodes.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Chris, you do know that dragons aren't real don't you?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, there are dragons. Right from the beginning in this one. But they only hatched in the second season in Game or Thrones.

Don't bother with either one. You don't have the patience for it.

Rebel635 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why you gotta be so cruel?

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

176 years before Danerys was born. She's the daughter of the mad King isn't she?

DrA5 likes this.
  16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

That seems possible, the show is set 180 years before GoT.

17. Bullshit.

Robin172 likes this.
  18. Fair enough, thanks.

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

First episode of GoT I watched by pure coincidence was Battle of the Bastards, hooked me cause I had to know how that story got there. You should seek that one episode out and see if you get hooked as well because its frikin insane. I binge watched from there to the beginning of the last season and had to wait for each one after and that sucked. Ill wait til 2 or 3 seasons in on this one before I start.

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I don't remember. Even watching the whole other series it was hard to keep up with some of the relationships.

I looked it up this morning and the Mad King's dad was Eagon the V. i dunno which they said this one was, whether he was named after another Eagon or he's the first, but if he's not the 5th, then there's still a bunch more people in between. 180 years when people are having kids at like 20 = a lot of generations. it could be like 6 or 7 out I guess.

I like good stories, so either way I'll watch and not care as long as the acting and story line stay good. Woulda/would be cool though if the end of this one led literally RIGHT INTO Game of Thrones. Maybe that's another series, who knows.

socalrider likes this.