hayden out, stoner back in?

Discussion in 'General' started by motojoe_23, Jul 19, 2013.

1. If it plays out like that...he might not wish that. At the end of the day, this is their job. He might be perfectly happen running mid-pack on the Ducati and earning $xxx instead of getting an occasional podium on the Tech3 bike and earning $xx.

He is not going to win a Championship on the Tech3 bike. So what does it matter if his average finishing position goes from say 4th to 8th...as long as he is earning Factory money? Like i said, it is his job and his future.

Of course everybody wants to win, that is a given. But considering how in this sport, you are always one corner away from being out of a job...it would make more sense to earn big money finishing 7th than a little money finishing 4th. If he isnt going to get a Factory Yamaha seat, or a Factory Honda seat, then he might as well go where the money is.

That would be like saying an NBA star should stay on the Clippers and earn $1mil a year instead of going to the Hornets and earning $4mil a year. No matter which team they go to, they aren't going to beat the Heat. So why earn less money to finish 4th, instead of earning big money to finish 7th?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not "too." Bridgestone couldn't do that. Michelin had an unmatchable advantage.

They had different constructions for individual riders. Zero compromise.

The issue was an internal culture change after the departure of Nicolas Goubert. People resting on their laurels and taking success for granted.

3. Yea, maybe they could have done it at Motegi, but that's about it.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dam you make solid sense some times

5. Don't get used to it. :D

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I'll keep my guard up, but nothing can shock me really:bow:

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I do not think Ducati is in a position to remember any history at the moment.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know of anyone who can form a viable opinion that underrates Stoner. He's a whiney bitch but one hell of a rider.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I was so hoping that you would try to argue against my correction of the facts on Michelin. I had a two-letter rebuttal all ready for you. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would I argue against it? Thought I said all along I was speculating, what you said makes perfect sense to me.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you met you? :D

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

high five!.:d

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Shit was supposed to be capitalized. I hate computers.:rolleyes:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well I'd argue with you but you have to say something stupid first. :D

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that B-stones did not have the capacity to tweak the recipes and overnight tires. Only the froggie's stick and spits.

David

16. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Your choice, but for the millionth time, GP is about way more than pack racing that will entertain the fan with a short attention span . We have plenty of spec series in bike racing, why do you want another. Lets replace F1 cars with Indy cars while we are at it. :rolleyes: That would cut cost and make the finishes closer

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

What is so wrong about seeing a rider have the perfect ride? If I want close racing I turn NASCAR on. Then, I go for long run, take a hot shower, cook me some veggies, shave my balls and I still have time to catch the last five laps. If I am lucky, I get the best show: green, white, checkered.

18. MotoGP races are great if you like to watch qualifying sessions.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Huh. I seem to remember Jorge winning 2 out of the last three titles, including the year that Stoner bitched out and quit because people in the paddock weren't nice to him.

Lorenzo > Stoner all day long.

20. Because the racing sucks ass. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that. They launch, have a few battles over 1-3 laps, then you get 20+ laps of riding circulating the track with an occasional pass once every couple of laps, if you are lucky.