1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hayden out, stoner back in?

Discussion in 'General' started by motojoe_23, Jul 19, 2013.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

2. If so, it would be awesome and one of the best things to happen to MotoGP in a while as far as action (obviously referring to the Stoner in...not the Hayden out).

Nobody else has been able to be fast on the Duc. Now that Rossi is back on a competitive bike, it would be awesome to see Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa and Crutchlow fighting for podiums. If only Spies would get better and get on a competitive (gremlin free) bike.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My reply is no

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought Honda was paying Stoner to stay home if he's not going to ride one of their bikes.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wasn't he in the final year of his contract when he retired?

7. ajk4

ajk4 Well-Known Member

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It is decidedly so

Setting my magic 8 ball aside, reports were that Honda had first right of refusal if he came back in 2013 (don't know if it includes 2014 as well). Same gossip was that they were also paying him for this right. Who knows if that shit is true, but you hear a lot more than I do anymore.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He had a pretty shitty split with Ducati, can't imagine they would be the bike he'd return to racing on if he even was going to do it. I say no on this one.

10. The thing is, money talks. Casey can put that bike on the box. Many times a "shitty split" can be remedied with a simple "sorry about that, I had my head up my ass" and you move on.

11. Stoner back to Ducati with sponsorship from the dairy farmers association.:D

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Got Milk???? :crackup:

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know if he still can or not. That bike got progressively worse during his time with it, and seems to still be going backwards, or at least not improving at anywhere near the rate the other bikes are.

I say it in nearly every Stoner thread, but I think his championships are the combination of a decent rider plus an outstanding machine that happened to have a significant advantage on the competition that year. With the Ducati it was the first year of the 800's when they hit a homerun with the electronics package. With Honda it was the super-duper transmission thing. Both times Stoner dominated in the first year but as the season progressed and in subsequent seasons, the others caught up.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I agree, even Loris had a win in 2007 on the Ducati. And he's the last non-Stoner rider to win on that bike. Bike went downhill, or at least didn't keep pace with the Yam/Hon development after 2008.

15. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Weren't the original Ducati wins more to do with being on Bridgestone tires at "Bridgestone tracks"?

Or am I thinking about Tamada wins?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

fixtit4ya

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And if memory serves right, that was a flukish win on a dry-wet-dry-wet Japan track...

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You guys really fail at logic. Casey quit at the height of his career, on the best machine, at the most storied team in GP racing, and turned down a 15 million Euro contract to race for another year.
    The dude does not give 2 fucks about money or records. Why would he come back on the worst bike in the paddock on a team he now despises?

He turned down the biggest contract offer Honda ever made, now he's going to ride a Ducati? I love rampant speculation, but let's at least have it make a modicum of sense.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Boner did show up again on 2 wheels, but it won't be on a Ducaturd!

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

He'll turn up.
    On a Honda
    At the Phillip Island Round
    As a 1-Off

Smoke 'em all like cheap ham...

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Why you ask, because the people on the interent have posted that he would come back from retirement, ride a Ducati....and show Rossi and his fans that a 9 times world champ is really a chump. :)