hayden out, stoner back in?

Discussion in 'General' started by motojoe_23, Jul 19, 2013.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Are they the same people that spank there monkeys all day long:eek:

2. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Shit.... Even if Stoner came back and won every single race in 2014 on a Ducati, Rossi fans would claim it was due to Rossi's development of the bike. :beer:

3. When Stoner won on the Ducati, were they already on spec tires? Or was he getting special tires to help make the Ducati work?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No. Ducati was the only "major" team on the 'stones that season (if my memory is right) and yeah, they made tires specific for the Ducati.

5. I think Rossi demanded a switch to the Stones during the season. If I'm remembering correctly....

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

2007 saw the tire rules changed that only allowed a certain allocation of tires to be brought by each manufacturer to the race. It basically killed the overnight specials. B-Stone had been working with Ducati since 2005, and knew what Ducati wanted, much like Mich knew what Yamaha wanted etc. In 2008 Rossi get's the B-Stone tires and it is rumored (I have no proof) that development strayed away from Ducati to support the sports biggest draw. Of course, 2009 went to spec tire.

The only rounds (IIRC) that B-Stone could produce over night tires was Motegi and Rio.

7. That is something that should be mentioned when discussing how Stoner was the only one able to win on the Ducati. It helps when he was getting special tires to help make the bike work.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More fun to ignore it :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Broome, name 5 GP riders BEFORE Stoner came to the series and you can't use Rossi. :D

10. 600 dbl are

Then we should mention that Rossi got the Yamaha to win in 2004 & 2005 with his special overnight tires as well.

11. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Name 5 epic last lap battles, or last lap passes for a win, Stoner ever had....:D

These are the real reasons Rossi is the GOAT.

Stoner's legacy will be completely faded within 3 years.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Define "special."

Was Bridgestone allowed by rule to do something that Michelin wasn't?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As it relates to the tires or Broome?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tires. I only have a few hours.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you'd wanna demand a switch from Michelin too if you were Rossi and you had 2 seperate DNF's due to tire chunking while fighting for the lead of a race.

16. 600 dbl are

I agree, never said there was anything wrong with that.

It didn't matter that B-Stone didn't want to supply any other teams tires right?Including Rossi. It was also a coincident that when the spec tire supplier went out to bid B-Stone went in uncontested. I wonder why that was? Where's my tin foil hat?

The spec tire was designed to level the playing field, and ironically enough it did just the opposite.

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I don't remember him demanding to switch to Bstones in 2007....however Pedrosa switched at Indy in 2008, a wall was installed and Hayden beat him :crackup:

18. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I love how people say he it the only one to win on that bike. It isn't "that bike" anymore, and hasn't been for a while. The Ducati of today is nothing like the Ducati that Stoner last rode. There is no way to tell that he would do anything on it.

20. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!