hayden out, stoner back in?

Discussion in 'General' started by motojoe_23, Jul 19, 2013.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Moto2 an 3 an BSB Sbks and WSS all are more interesting from a spectators view that likes to see fighting.

2. :stupid:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like the battles but I can also appreciate watching someone like Jorge control a race from the front - not to mention watching him ride is always amazing alone or battling.

4. I have a hard time understanding how some people posting on here are not entertained by this season of moto gp. I've been loving it!

5. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Thats me, if its close great, but that is not why i put Moto GP above every other form of bike racing. I love it when technology, engineering, and rider come together to kick the shit out of the competition. There are things about GP i wish i could change,mainly the single supplier tire, and maybe the fuel restriction, even though i find that aspect fascinating as well. Historically, prototype series are not about close racing, including Moto GP. The fans that jumped into the series during the clown era were treated to some close racing that was manipulated by the clown himself. Those finishes were orchestrated for those who couldnt see what was really happening. Follow your closet rival on the weekend for 90% of the race, pass with a few laps remaining, win by 3 seconds, wash, rinse, repeat. Had he wanted to, he could have won the majority of those races by 15 seconds, but it played better with the Uccio's to come from behind. People keep saying that the fan likes WSS , DSB, etc better than Moto GP, i say thats horse shit. All you have to do is look at fan attendance and TV ratings to know that isnt true. Even in areas where Moto 2 is televised live along with GP, the ratings are a drop in the bucket compared to when the big boys race. There is a reason WSBK and Moto GP rarely race on the same weekend, and AMA is so out of sight, out of mind, i dont know why they bother.

6. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

This has been the best season in Moto GP in a long time as far as I can remember.
    Rossi back at he front battling, The Rookie MM leading the points, Pedrosa and Lorenzo riding and battling through major Injuries. Bradl and Crutchlow stepping up big time.
    How could you not love watching Moto GP this year???

7. I said that I like the other racing orgs better than MotoGP, i cant speak for everyone else.

The only other people i can speak for are the random people who have watched it with me (like friends that come over, family, or guys at work). I get comments like "this racing is boring, i liked the other one better" or "why arent there many guys out there?" or "i like it better when there is more action", etc.

People like that have no idea about electronics, engine sizes, names etc. They just want to see good, intense racing...like in Moto2, AMA, WSS, and WSBK. They couldnt tell you if the bikes are 600's, 1000's, I-4's or V-twins. They just know the MotoGP is boring compared to the others.

There is a difference between appreciating the bikes, the talent, the engineering etc...and enjoying the racing action. Of course i appreciate the abilities of the bikes, i appreciate the enormous talent levels of the riders, i appreciate the technology, so on and so forth. I just dont enjoy watching the races as much as the others because there is barely any action. It is like an extended qualifying session.

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. MotoGP seemed better off when there was more excitement. There were more manufacturers in the series running prototypes, more bikes on the grid, more money being made. You can enjoy the aspect of machine and rider coming together but this is still entertainment after everything is said and done. Admiration and respect is nice to have but excitement is something that's needed, IMO. We need more casual fans being excited about the sport, which is what Chaotic may have been referring to.

9. Povol, I'm sure that's what Rossi was thinking about in the races that you say he manipulated. "I could win this race by 15 seconds, but let me slow down so that I can increase viewership.":crackup:

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Chaotic, you and your friends are stupid heads.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Just watching the best racers on the best bikes is worth watching.

12. Still missing the point.

Those are great stories. I am talking about how the actual racing sucks compared to other series.

You know, the on-track battling, stuff like passing in every corner throughout the entire field, the guy in 9th place cutting the fastest lap of the race, rarely more than a bike length seperating any 2 riders all the way from first place to 14th place, so on and so forth.

It is kinda sad when after a race is over, you can remember and name every single pass that took place between the top 6 riders from about lap 3 through the end of the race...because there are usually only about 2-4 passes that occur.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yo, Captain Verbose, are you aware that you can get all your excitement in the three hours before a MotoGP race? It's called Moto2 and Moto3. Turn off your TV when those two were completed and everyone will be happy. :D

14. :crackup:

I watch those also. But I want more. :D

Normally when MotoGP is on, I will watch the first 2-3 laps. Then when the action is over, I will watch AMA/WSTK/WSS races on YouTube and just leave MotoGP playing on the TV until it is over and ill see who won and/or watch the highlights.

15. JoeNashville

JoeNashville Well-Known Member

Well I'm not convinced of your logic or your reasoning... Personally I think it would suck to bust your ass day in and day out to at best battle for 8th like Nicky and Dovi did today.... both of whom are miserable and they don't even try and hide it. But hey, if money is more important to him, more power to him, somebody's got to ride the Duc. It doesn't matter what bike Crutchlow is on if he doesn't start better and learn to pass those guys.

It would seem the top satellite bikes are capable of winning races. I'm sure Spies would be winning if he were still on the Tech 3 Yamaha. I'm glad he's back at Indy, he seemed in really good spirits today. I do hope he can do something on the Duc.

I'm with you Mongo. I still think he's vastly under rated... Whiney bitches don't get the good pub...

16. It would suck; there is absolutely no doubt about that. Especially when you KNOW you could run up front on the right equipment, and the bike is holding you back. The suckiness of the situation cannot be argued.

But he isn't getting any younger and all of them are 1 crash away from not being able to earn a paycheck. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Besides, he might want the challenge. He might be the headstrong kind of guy that thinks "ill show these motherfuckers, ill put this heaping pile of elephant shit on the box!"

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:stupid:

If watching a master at work gets boring, head to the fair and watch the bumper cars.

18. Hey. Shutup.

19. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

sure motoGP is better this year vs last year
    but watch a BSB supersport 600 race and it makes motogp look boring
    Multiple passes up and down the field down to the line!! every race guaranteed.

for last couple of seasons now the championship has gone down to the final round...final lap.
    can't really ask for more.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nicky and Dovi definitely hate life right now. Dean Adams had an excellent line about Dovi "he's spent all season looking like someone shot his dog, but at least he can afford to buy as many fancy dogs as he wants now."

Scott Russell says he hated riding the Harley when he was on it, but now he's thankful everyday that he did ride it. He's still getting paid by them! He is a perfect example of why a racer in this sport needs to cash in as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I'd hate to see Crutchlow join Ducati, but at some point you have to take that big money deal when it presents itself. What if Crutchlow doesn't take the big money deal and the opportunity never comes again? By the time Rossi is likely to leave in 2015 Crutchlow is going to be 30. No matter how well he's doing, will Yamaha sign him or some Moto2 young buck? My money's on a 20 year old Moto 2 nut. If Crutchlow doesn't want to go back to driving trucks at the end of his motorcycle career, he should seize a big money deal with both hands.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Ducati is probably smart to sack Nick. They need someone young and dumb who will over ride their pile of junk from 8th to 6th or 5th. Guys like Andrea and Nicky are too damned experienced and smart to ride that piece of shit over its abilities. They want a John Hopkins, ie: someone who I'll destroy himself to ride the bike beyond its abilities. I feel for whoever ends up on that seat, Hopkins strategy wasn't a formula for career success or longevity.