1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been taken out by another rider?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Gigantic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. spider1329

spider1329 Well-Known Member

It sure scared the hell outta me for sure. I felt like I had no control of the bike and my brain told me to get ready for impact with the ground and then all of a sudden I had control again and somehow made it off the track safely. I had to sit out a session to gather myself. Not a good way to start my first trackday. The good thing was that I was able to go back out there and end the day on a good note.

2. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

And when you're done doing that make sure you use Armour All to make those tires all nice and purty! :up:

3. NHR.Karl

NHR.Karl Active Member

Is that why they are called "slicks"?? Im in luck, I work at checker auto :rock::stupid:

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I agree with what others have said that it's at least 90% the passing riders fault.

We don't know if you were 'swooping,' or braking way early or what, but even when the leading rider makes every mistake imaginable, the passing rider still has the distinct advantage of being able to SEE who he's passing.

I think that advantage implies fault in all but the strangest situations.

But even when the passing rider is wrong, that doesn't mean he won't still be upset. He's likely mad at himself for messing up. And, to be blunt, whether you deserve it or not, he'll probably take some of that out on you.

I was following two bikes down a straight, and was totally concentrating on their tail sections to avoid an impact if the two of them braked before I was planning to.

those two bikes parted like the red sea, and suddenly I was practically on top of a slower rider on a speed triple who was clearly already on the brakes...

I didn't hit him, but I lifted my rear wheel and went off track to avoid hitting him. Is it his fault for braking way earlier than he needed to? My fault for not seeing him?

If someone had hit me from behind when I did an endo to avoid hitting the other guy, would that have been their fault or mine?

The fact is that there are many things that all parties involved could have and should have done differently - but shit happens. I rode it out in the grass, and the guy on the triple found me after the session to ask if I was ok and apologize. I know I was slower than him at one point, so how could I really be mad at the guy? I told him the same.

5. spider1329

spider1329 Well-Known Member

^^^ Good stuff right there.