1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a Race Van

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2011.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

You screwed up... Rape vans all have one thing in common:

No windows. :D

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

When I'm done it will only "look" like it has windows. They'll be covered up from the inside. That way it will be like a sleeper rape van. You'll think you're all safe, that I'm just a nice guy giving away free candy, ice cream, or letting you pet my puppies. After all, there's windows in that van. Then, before you know it, BAM, the raping is on!:beer:

3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Great find - looking forward to the details of installing the Pit Bull restraint system, as I'd like to get one of these myself.

4. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Along with the torque, it's actually the HIGH temp antiseeze that was the culprit of the 5.4's breaking the porcelain in the engine and causing head jobs... So do both for sure, and make sure you do them before 100K. Trust me, I know from my $2,500 head job. Ford paid 40%, dealer 10% and me the rest.

5. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Maybe you should have just gotten a handjob...:clap:

6. Awesome. When you're not using it for hauling race bikes, you can sell speakers in the Wal-mart parking lot. :up:

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

3.54 shouldn't be too low of gearing. 3.43 would probably be standard if it were a smaller vehicle. Just put a little taller tire/wheel combo on it to raise the gearing and call it good.

BTW I'm another one that day dreams about having a van/hauler with bigger rims and brakes all setup for going to the track.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Needs some rats spray painted on it to make it a real van. lol!

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Everyone's gettin' em

[​IMG]

10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Actually, the ones I know about were all caused by the plugs either being too loose or too tight, because they all spit a plug out shortly after the plugs were replaced.

It is an expensive event, for sure; at the time, Ford did not approve repairing the sparkplug hole, only head replacement.

Other than that, the 4.6/5.4 engine is great.

FYI, if it develops an oil leak at the front of the engine, it's usually the oil filter adapter gasket. Cheap fix.

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

WTF is going on here? :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

nice find!

15. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Should of had Ben Affleck stunt double for him when he started talking :)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why should he pretend to be someone else?

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I kept waiting on Shaft to pull up.

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Doppelganger

Just thought they looked much alike and Ben S. ain't the most exciting spokesman.
    Ya got a good deal on that van, hope everything checks out good for ya. How's the steering/ball joint's? I find these wagon's need some front end upgrading/maintenance. I had a 2002 which I ran to 280,000 miles from new, only problem was front end.
    I have an 08 w/95,000 and it's starting to wander/not track right on the freeway, constantly having to adjust steering wheel. Going in tomorrow for the fix.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's on the list. All large Ford trucks have got horrible steering. I sold those things for years and never saw a used one with a straight steering wheel.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool video but it needed some Colin Edwards. lol!