1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a Race Van

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2011.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats on the buy!

Great first stop with the new van...a kiddie playground. Does the other side say candy inside?
    :P

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think "Free Candy" is too common. I may try "free puppies" instead. And yes, the couple walking their dog while I pulled up to take a pic of my creeper van looked at me funny.

3. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

VAN.jpg
    I got tired of pushing bikes into the back of a pickup and sleeping in a tent. Now I have seating for 5 with room for two bikes and all the gear in back to get the family to the track this year.

tecknojoe and BigBird like this.
  4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

With today's kids, try "Free Wifi".

:)

5. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Unmarked White Van parked at a playground! LOL

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Only if he's trying to contact Michael Jordan

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Nice. I see a small enclosed trailer in your future though. Smelly bikes, new tire rubber odor, generator in the van can be an issue.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's a Transit isn't it? I'm looking forward to those replacing the E-Series based RV chassis that Ford's been using forever. Once production ramps up it should drive down the price of the Sprinters. Right now they're pretty much double the cost of the E-Series, even when the only difference is the chassis.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I love the smell of fresh tire rubber in the morning

10. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I got a hitch carrier for the gas cans and genny if necessary. Hopefully the bikes don't vent too much. For track duty when I pull the seats I'm planning to put down a 5x10 sheet of plywood with wheel chocks and etrack, clamped to the seat mounts in the floor for carrying the bikes. That should also keep anything but large spills from soaking into the carpet.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Anyone on the 8d battery question? My thought process is I can build a bench in the back, stick the battery underneath that along with an inverter.

Kinda like this one from RB components.

[​IMG]