1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a Race Van

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 25, 2011.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

You gonna leave the carpet or do wood floor?

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Carpet. It's living quarters once I get to the track and get the bike unloaded.

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A tad? The same square footage I applied in dynomat would have cost me $1500!

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Yeah, but it works really good...:D

7. It is coming along great. You are going to have a sweet setup when you get finished. :up:

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Pretty cool progress so far :up:

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Awesome progress! Looks good so far! Don't forget to wire all your speakers, extra interior lights (if you want some) or even some 110 sockets to run off of an inverter now before you put it all back together!

Keep up the pics! :up:

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wiring recepticles and lights in soon. Speakers are going into a box to put under the rear seat.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Let me know if that sheet you put under the carper kills noise. I have a loud car I need to work on.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No pictures this time, but I've been pouring the hours into the van. I bought new shocks to make this thing ride better and I only have one thing to say: If I ever meet the man who designed the shock mounting points for the Ford E-Series van I'm gonna kick him in the dick

13. teamneon

teamneon Well-Known Member

lol..nice progress!

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's been a busy week....

Wednesday: Got the shocks finished finally. Had to drill out the right front lower shock mounting stud because I broke it while removing the stupid thing. It took almost four hours:( but it's done now.

Thursday: Not much went on, our ferret died this morning so no extra work today.

Friday: Back at it. Got some good news, sort of. I was convinced that I had a transmission issue, most likely a torque converter problem that was going to cost $400+ to fix. I took it to Steinmetz and they said the transmission was fine but that I really needed a tune-up. Went to the auto parts store, bought 8 plugs, 8 boots, and a coil (just in case). Put the van on the diagnostic tool and sure enough, bad #3 coil. The plugs weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, no broken, stripped, or jammed plugs, just really hard to get to. Three and half hours and a lot of dirt and grease later and I was all done. Van runs like new now.

Saturday: Busy day. Thank you to Bunz (Scott @ the Entertainer) for the great deal on a new stereo. I got a JVC with Bluetooth for my phone/iPod plus everything to install it for dirt cheap!

[​IMG]

By the time I got around to putting it in, they were closed so I ended up grabbing some cheap replacements for the busted stock speakers at walmart and throwing them in too.

Now it was time to start getting trim pieces re-installed. I re-did my floor with a piece of carpeted panelling so it would be flat and because I didn't like the look of the stained, hole-filled stock carpet. This turned out much better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also covered the door panels with the same carpet and re-installed them. You can see the new speakers here too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did some work on the side panels but didn't get them finished. I did, however, get some little blindspot mirrors stuck on.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sunday 10/9

I had huge aspirations for today but didn't get nearly as much done as I'd liked. My plan was to finish the interior off by finishing up the side panels, finishing the sound deadening, installing led lights in the headliner, installing the trailer restraint system, installing the trailer plug wiring, and installing the hitch. All I got done was the side panels but no pics because they really aren't done until I get the headliner put back in.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

When i get my cargo van, i'm going to hire you to do the interior.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats a kidnap quality job! :D

Sound deading - check
    Loud stereo - check
    Halloween around the corner - check

18. cooker1

cooker1 Well-Known Member

Vans are the only way to go picked me up a chevy cargo about a month ago and am going to remodel the back of it no more tent campin at the track !

19. No shit, I don't know how to do any of that. I would have more shit tore up than a little bit. :crackup:

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LOL! drilling holes thru the gas tank and cutting wire harness.