1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

You're right about that. Sorry I let it slip. Skittles told me to never talk about Skittles in public. I gotta go underground now.

:D

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Where in the hell do people live where the cops show up in 1 minute?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gated communities. Duh.

Ghettos are lucky to get police response in 1 business day.

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, we never talk of the Skittles. Good luck in the witness protection program. It will be boring hiding in suburbia...away from the action. Sigh....oh well, you brought it upon yourself.....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd argue that based on the shouting heard by witnesses followed by a gunshot and the dead person being a teen from Miami that your scenario isn't probable. Actually I wouldn't, I have no clue what happened and nothing is probable based on the information released - other than one major thing, the cops didn't arrest the shooter. That is a HUGE indicator of what happened.

Cops are still investigating, no need to muddle everything with even more public bullshit than is already out there. Doesn't matter what they show or don't, everyone will use them to promote whatever they've already decided has happened...

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

They were already on the way.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Duh...food.:D

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Skittles don't kill people.....

Actually, they do. Very slowly...

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All true.

I know some folk involved with a case in Orlando somewhat similar. A fistfight which ended up with one guy stabbing and killing the other one. In this case there is video. What's similar is the prosecution is arguing the guy with the knife was out, armed, looking for trouble. You might know the case I'm talking about, happened at a club downtown last year. Defense is also arguing their client was simply defending himself.

Full disclosure: I know the neighbourhood where the shooting happened quite well. I used to live next to it. Glad I didn't walk through it!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You have nothing to worry about if you did, you Huey Lewis listening white boy. You are Jeff Lever white. :D

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol "I see a suspicious... o nevermind. It's Carlton".

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

13. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Having recently bought my first handgun, I have been studying the laws here in CA in an effort to stay out of jail. I was surprised to read that you can not use deadly force outside of your home unless you are honestly in fear for your life. You must suffer an ass whooping and can not shoot someone for punching you or threatening to do so.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup. That is the gist of knowing Escalation of Force and when it is prudent. Furthermore some states impose a responsibility to attempt to flee the situation first! A few states though, grant you the right to Stand Your Ground. Florida is one of them. The shoot in this case may be righteous but the events leading up to it don't jibe with a responsible permit holder IMO. Every effort should be made to avoid ever having to pull that pistol. Riding around playing cop isn't the way to do it. Hell, even legit security companies aren't armed much of the time.

Dits, how much money would you advise a CCW holder prepare for the impending trial and civil suit in a shooting? I've heard $60k just in case but that was a long time ago.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We tell students to bank on $20k in expense if they use a weapon.

Costs go up from there if you get indicted.

What's a halfway decent kidney go for on the open market? :D

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LMFAO, if it was the fucker I say hang him. Hang him high!

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmmm, the only time I've heard of "escalation of force" it had to do with military operations. Perhaps you can let us know the meaning that you're referring to. I'm corn-fused.:)

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I think I've got it figured out. Zimmerman saw the kid walking down the street with his pockets so full of skittles that his pants were pulled wayyyyy down making him look like a gang banger. In fear for his life, the lives of his family, and the lives of the whole neighborhood, (plus the hubcaps on his car) Zimmerman quickly drew his firearm and opened fire on the "dreaded hoodlum" thus saving the complete area from certain annihilation.

Only later could one hear a very quietly muttered, "oops" from our hero Zimmerman.

How's that for a theory? :)

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Two things caught my attention. A Miami Kid in Sanford? The article explains why but I don't see a time of death. If it was at night, I guess school was not in order the next day. No reason for dying though.

Second, the title you chose for the tread. Good job.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'll do you one better, ask the next cop you meet.