1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

FTFY. :up:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe this was also taught in CCW class. Kinda hushed tones and something about place a screwdriver in the perp's hand :p

3. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

It does look like the OP may have omitted some facts. He'd get a media job, guaranteed.

If you don't terminate an attacker, they will sue you and win. The ultimate freedom.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Only facts are there was a fight between two guys and one guy shot the other one. If you have more facts please share them Dr. Windshield or any of the omniscient experts on deadly force.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Doesn't work that way in TN either.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

In TN you can't confront someone(invite conflict) then when you start getting your ass whipped, pull a gun out and shoot said person. That is not considered self defense. That's considered murder. If you start the fight without the weapon then you have to accept the consequences. That is as long as others don't join in or the other guy pulls a weapon. Of course if he's whipping your ass without a weapon then why pull one? :D

So basically, if you are armed and concerned about a threat from someone you had better have the weapon drawn before you approach.

A neighborhood watch guy patrolling while armed would need to have an armed guard's license and be working under someone's security contractor's license if you were following the letter of the law.

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Saw this on the news this morning. First thing I thought after the report was wow, that sure seems like some one sided reporting. I really doubt the dead guy was just walking through the neighborhood with his skittles all do-dee-do and bam, he's dead....which is how the story made it sound..

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Keep this in mind, the law isn't "only confront force with equal force" nor is it "don't escalate the situation", or whatever all that bullshit is that they teach in the CCW class.

The law is that you can utilize deadly force if you reasonably believe that you are, or you're going to be, the vicitm of a forceable felony. Sanford PD is a reasonably competent agency and if they haven't made an arrest, I can assure you that there is more to the story. This is especially true given the heat that this story is causing.

There are two sad aspects of this whole thing... 1. A young man is on a slab with a toe tag. 2. The Zimmerman guy is probably going to become a caught-in-the-middle whipping boy for someone's duck-and-cover then compromise diplomacy.

Edit- Here's a bit more balanced rendition.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-man-neighborhood-watch-shoots-kills-teen-vi/nK8LR/

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Like a chicken wrangler knows anything about the law. :rolleyes:

:D

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn Zimmermans. They all look out for one another.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Having worked on a chicken farm, I don't know why anyone would want to keep them as pets. Stinky, stupid creatures.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who is keeping them as pets? They're either producing food or becoming food...

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Isn't the purpose of the neighborhood watch to report suspicious persons not confront them? The kid goes to the store, comes back. Zimmerman sees a kid walking at night that he doesn't recognize calls the cops, then hops out and says "stay there, the cops are on the way!" Kid says "fuck you dude I'm going to my dad's house." Big bad wannabe says "oh no your not" and trys to forcibly detain him. Fight ensues and Zimmerman pulls a gun after getting more than he thought from the kid. Boom.

That's my theory. If it's what panned out the only thing the kid did wrong was walk at night while black in a white neighborhood.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Maybe he just likes cocks.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Or if you are not a cop don't act like one.

16. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

Throw the cracker in jail. He should have waited for the police. If I'm that kid's father I dismember that pos slowly.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or it could have been the guy said hi to a kid he didn't recognize from his neighborhood, instead of saying hey I'm from out of town staying with my family over at wherever the kid responded with gangsta Miami bullshit, started a fight, pulled a knife and the guy who was attacked shot him to protect his own life.

Given the tiny amount of known facts, either or neither possibility is just as likely...

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What came first, food or food?...

Carry on....

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'd argue that based on the presented facts, one gun, kids in skittles pockets, Zimmerman calling 911 prior to the shooting, no weapon mentioned on the kid, that my scenario is more probable. Not necessarily factual, just probable.

I do wonder why the 911 tapes haven't been turned over or made public.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well that right there proves you're probably wrong. Skittles probably ordered a hit. The youngster shouldn't have been steeling from Skittles....