1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe a real "macho" man. He's been waiting all his life to have the chance to "blow someone away" and he finally got his chance. Afterwards, he felt so good he decided it called for a beer. :beer:

Or maybe not.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not sure how that works in Texas, but in NH you have no duty to retreat in any public place or on private property you have a right to be on.
    However, not sure how that would apply in this case, since the shooter initiated the confrontation. That might change if the kid was actually engaged in a crime, but you can't tell from news reports. I assume the cops investigated that aspect. You don't know, they could issue a warrant after further investigation or consultation with the AG's office.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah it's different by state. It's good to hear from a local LEO. They are constrained as well from upping the ante so to speak. Of course every situation is unique. What's concerning these days and I was talking with a friend about this, so many youth are taking MMA style training. You grab ahold of someone these days and they might snap your arm. Awareness and avoidance is always best.

In other news I wonder how the bill for a National CCW permit is coming along?

4. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

But yet your title says he walked home and had a beer. Where'd those facts come from exactly?:confused:

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

In Texas it's the same. Since the Castle Doctrine was made into law a licensed carrier has no duty to retreat when a felony is being carried out and that licensed carrier has the right to stop that kind of crime from being committed no matter where it's occurring. Deadly force is justified to stop a felony. I'll have to read up on the details since I didn't get a copy of the latest Penal Code booklet when I last renewed.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Here is the latest on the National carry issue.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/f...-national-right-to-carry-reciprocity-act.aspx

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Since when does my title need your approval? Last I checked I can write wtf I want so long as it doesn't insult The Pie.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Damn dude, lotsa 'tude from you lately someone steal your nightvision goggles or maybe your copy of MW3? :Poke:

BTW- Do we know what kind of beer he drank, was it domestic or import?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The 'tude has always been there when dealing with stupid :D

Millah High Life!

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I should have said in TN they would. Probably wouldn't be enforced(kind of lax here on security licensing law enforcement) but by the letter of the law he would.

11. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Dude! Have you ever BEEN to Sanford?? I wouldn't patrol it ARMED much less unarmed...

12. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude I lived right next to where this happened.

Got a friend who patrolled throughout Sanford for years as well. Other than hanging "truck nuts" off the front bumper of his sergeant's car and forgetting to remove them he's not had any problems. He babysits inmates these days. Lol

14. charles

charles The Transporter

The shooter is going to have some legal fees soon, I predict...I don't see how that kid posed any threat to him or to anyone. I say the shooter put his hands on the kid and the kid pushed him or grabbed him. The shooter then backed off and shot the kid...or...the shooter pulled his weapon out and the kid grabbed at him to protect himself, and got shot.

Either way, the shooter has some big problems coming up...some Black Power group wants to arrest him to turn him over to the authorities. I say that the Lone Ranger doesn't live very long if he isn't arrest and charged.

15. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....it looks like the new and improved, Rev. Al Sharpton is getting involved. Inevitable, I suppose.

16. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Where do people learn to stereotype someone to the point that they rationalize it's OK to kill them? School? Rush Limbaugh? American foreign policy?

17. In Your Corner

Obama maybe? Or his heroes?

18. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Live free or die?

19. charles

charles The Transporter

pick up Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin, by Timothy Snyder. It's gripping...and will give you a very good idea of how the 'stereotyping' you mention easily turns into genocide (1933-1945: 14 million murdered in Eastern Europe).

20. In Your Corner

Say what? Sorry, you lost me there.