1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL man shoots unarmed kid. Walks home, has a beer.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Kid was suspended from school for a week. Father said they were watching the oscars.

And that's when skittles called...

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Thanks.

3. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

it all depends, was this an irish kid? im assuming by the name, prolly not. maybe he just looked like trouble.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well folks, turns out your hero (the shooter) has a record. Just minor stuff like battery and resisting arrest. Nothing important.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Good job on the neighborhood watch group on vetting whom they trust with their security. :rolleyes:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

To be fair, the charges were dropped. I'm sure it was just more bad luck for Mr Zimmerman.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He should change his name to Schleprock. Sounds like trouble just seems to find him anywhere he goes.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No no no, the media follows him. Mean ol media!

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Maybe he can get Rush to call them sluts or something, that'll learn 'em to mess with him!

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think the media shot the kid. Damn Huffington Postals.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

"To be fair"???? :crackup:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can't get anything past that xfbo. Sharp dude!

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Clearly you haven't done neighborhood watch in Detroit.

Our power guys get shot at turning off power.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Really???

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

If the charges were dropped then he doesn't have a record (that can be used against him in a court of law). To be fair of course.

17. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I think he'll get charged. He called the cops and afterwards the kid ended up dead. A ccw carrier is supposed to avoid conflict . If he was in a car and even got out to confront the kid nothing else matters. He then would have put himself in legal danger .

No real facts as of yet so who knows where this could or will go .

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I can't help but wonder why the kid was suspended from school, and why was he walking through a gated community if he didn't live there? Sounds like Zuckerman wasn't the only one putting himself in harm's way.

19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

^^ It was explained that he was visiting his relatives, and it wasnt the first time at that.

Seems someone has been watching too many cop shows and been playing to much Call of Duty.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I will. Here in the state of confus, oops, I mean Texas, I have never heard it referred to as "escalation of force". I suppose it might be a term used within the police ranks but not in the civilian CCL classes I've taken. We used to have rules where you did everything you could to not "escalate" a situation so you were required to retreat if possible. About 4 or so years ago, we passed the "Castle Doctrine" law so that now you are not required to retreat if threatened.