1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA speaks on Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 17, 2011.

1. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Some privateer teams aren't balling like the big teams

2. Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq Well-Known Member

As discussed with someone on another forum this morning...

Seller received a couple race suspension. IMO, Herrin deserves no less considering his actions were more severe, my $0.02.

The AMA needs to remain consistent or they risk showing favoritism towards a factory rider.

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

They would need to have spare spare wheels as everyone would have had the original spec tires mounted on what ever spare wheels they had.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

This whole post is the ultimate description of the beeb.

5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Where'd you see that Nico? :p

Wasn't it just a single race (the final round at NJMP) suspension for Seller?

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And the 200 has more low budget privateer teams than any other race on the AMA calendar. Remember Duhamel bitching about them?:D

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

so we can expect to see riders allowed to work on their bikes under red-flag situations all season? as sarcastic as this may sound, its not. simply a question

8. redtailracing

trolling as opposed to adding something constructive, subjective, or objective to the thread or posing inquiries is pointless :rolleyes:

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You're right, he should have just posted RTFRB and been done with it.;)

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

danes bike was repaired on pitlane during a red flag last season might have been barber not sure the race

11. redtailracing

that i could have actually laughed at :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My answer was not intended as sarcasm. The rest of the season is sprint races. Odds of a two hour plus stoppage because tires showed problems at a mid race change is kinda small don't you think?

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

16 March 2011

Dear Mr. Herrin,

Quit crashing other riders.

Sincerely,
    AMA

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

FYI..

http://amaproracing.com/assets/AMAProRoadRaceCompBull2011-04.pdf

Regulations for Scheduled Pit Stops during a Race & Red Flag Situations for theDaytona 200 Only.

Work may be performed on the bikes during scheduled pits stops as well as during a red flag situation including changing tires and must be carried out under the following guidelines:

This is just a Comp Bulletin for the 200...but clearly states work can be done during the Red Flag.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  15. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Dear Mr. Pegram:

Ditto.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

17. redtailracing

i dont remember this but i also didnt catch every race last season. tonight i'm gonna have to go look at the AMA rulebook and see what i can find. IIRC, the general rule was during a red-flag bikes must pull into the hot-pit, be put on both stands, and are allowed to have an umbrella put over them and warmers put on. I dont remember this as a rule but more or less as the procedure i always saw and usually the bikes were parked against the outside wall nearest to the track and no one was allowed to touch them until restart. seems like i also remember where the rule gets somewhat sketchy if the bike is already under repair when the red flag is thrown. im not looking to find fault or wrongdoing by team latus or the ama here, but more or less just looking for clarification on these rules from someone who knows them right off without me having to digging. looks like i may just have to do that later this evening though.

18. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I thought it was a refreshing release, at least they are attempting to be upfront. Kudos.

19. redtailracing

i wasnt referring to your post as being sarcastic, just simply stating i could see how mine could be taken as such and that it wasnt meant that way. and you are correct. chances are we wont have another tire problem delay. but that doesnt answer the question about disalvo and team latus.

20. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

dude, don't waste your time. it was all figured out in one of the other ama threads, with all the rules copied and pasted. it was a legit repair according to the rule book.