1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA speaks on Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

So this is the suspension referred to in the press release? What did he do to earn it? Or is this info in another thread?

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

There goes that dirty feeling again.....

3. Tucking the front and collecting another rider in the process happens daily and is nothing more than a "racing incident". Being on the wrong end of that situation is what got me my new wrist and ankle. But I had no hard feelings, it happens.

What Herrin did is something different.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

But since the press release is about the Daytona 200, I'm betting neither of those superbike incidents are what they are talking about.

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Keeping the spirit of the op. Anyone remember Clinton Seller being suspended for "aggressive riding"? I don't remember anyone actually crashing because of his riding...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was wondering. Dunlop didn't have the tire they wound up using on any bike or rim at the time of the red.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Seller stuff was all last season.

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Your memory is flawed then.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's in the rules. It's been explained on here repeatedly. You not being bothered to go find any of that information makes you the troll and the one not adding anything but bullshit to a discussion.

10. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Mike deBrabant 2009.:up:

11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Probably is. Who was it? I thought the origin of it all was VIR

12. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Yea. Seller crashed Herrin coming in too hot on Turn 1 @ VIR last year.

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

There were no details about either what the penalty is or the identity of the penalized rider in the press release. Talk of Herrin possibly being suspended is purely speculative at this point. ;)

14. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

I was thinking there was someone a couple years or so ago that ran the entire 200 on one set or one front, etc.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Speculative? Or just wishful thinking?

16. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Lol I friended him on facebook, and asked on his wall if he was sorry for ending two racers days for riding like an asshat...he deleted it, and me lol.

17. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Come on PC. This is the beeb. Take your pick. :D

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Oh, that. I thought the guy I quoted was talking about the penalty mentioned in the press release about the D200. Superbikeplanet's tweet says that info will come out at 4:55 today, unless somebody here found out early who said rider is?

19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Fixed for you. As an aside, my buddy is the Pirelli tire vendor, and at WSBK events, if you can't mount and balance a tire in 60 seconds you won't be working the event.

20. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Picotte finished 7th on one front when it was FX rules. 2007 I think. Canadian supersport spec bike.