1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA speaks on Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Livengood did it on one front in 02

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

DiSalvo put one of my bikes on the box with one front in 2009.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

they changed them quick, it was all the were doing this and that plus allowing warmers to work after the tire was mounted that took a while

4. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Exactly right.

As a privateer team, we had a new front mounted on a spare rim, ready to go when the red flag came out. Per AMA/Dunlop we switched to the new tire. A little while later, we were told to change to the new compound tire at Dunlop. We grabbed the one we just took off, and had it changed. Funny thing is, we were one of the first few teams to have the wheel to Dunlop thinking we would have an advantage by having the tire on the bike and warmers first. Well, that didn't go as planned. Either way, we all had hot tires, and no one had an advantage.

5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So...who got voted off the island?

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes, all one of them.

7. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

8. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

LOL

9. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

not sure what trounson did at the end of the race. i know what he did the first 2 days, tho. rode like a f'n idiot! he took me out in friday qualifying. fractured my wrist,hand and fingers. in the same turn he took bostrom out in. just after he bounced off chris clark in the horseshoe. i pretty sure if aussie dave doesn't have some kind of punishment for him....the ama will. asshole didn't even have the decency to say he was sorry. i can't say i didn't giggle, when i saw him squirming around on the ground after he hit bostrom and caused the red flag. i thought....how ironic! shitty way to start the season. broken shit sucks at daytona!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  10. skip salenius

no.....not in this idiots case!

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

We used one front for the whole week, including practice, qualifying and the race. We used two rears, one for practice and qualifying and a one for the race.:up:

12. skip salenius

:up: he got a nice email from me too.:D

13. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yo Skip, watching your little boy roll around on his Strider in the garage area was a crack-up! Friendly kid, too.:up:

14. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if Herrin's comments/postings/attitude after the fact influenced the AMA's decision.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. skip salenius

the strider bike is so cool!:up: he had a blast on it. it gets harder to peel him off that thing every day.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

clint seller is probably smiling right now. One race is not that bad, the probation period might be more of an issue since he has recurring issues with almost every other rider.

Nice for the AMA to step up.

18. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member