1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Damn you're old!

I ran across some interesting paperwork from that era of WERA and it wasn't remotelya s cut and dried as it seemed. Lots of stuff about back pay and other lawsuits and such. Both sides were pretty shitty all in all at the time. Glad I've only ever dealt with the Evelyne years.

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hello Pot, I'm Kettle. Yeah, I was young and naive back then, though I did have a clue that the good Doctor might be a bit....unethical. But Ev was so great to me, I kind of overlooked some of the other games. How she put up with my arrogant ass, I'll never know. Hey, ask her if she remembers getting shot at coming back from the GNF...lol.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the Dan Ryan?

4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Yep....man, that was right at her head level. A split second difference....:eek:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She absolutely remembers and brings it up every time we talk about driving in Chicago :crackup:

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

It's probably worse there now. Yeah, that whole trip was 'eventful'. Just traveling with Barndoor was always interesting. You know, come to think of it, I'm going to take some credit for her putting up with you all these years. After dealing with us idiots, you were a walk in the park!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same as me volunteering with mental patients throughout my teens and then working in bars helps me dealing with racers :D

CR750, Boman Forklift and backbone like this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So you're equating racers with mental patients. Sounds about right. :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And drunks :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

There are definitely some growing pains but it's refreshing to see a lot of effort going into bringing them into streamlining the efforts. Tech process doesn't get any easier.

Nothing was/is more frustrating than preregistering for races only to stand in line the morning of, and the preregistration line is 10x longer than the regular line.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And while longer it still takes very little time to go through, glad to see you've gotten your complaining vibe back John! Was worried as I haven't seen anything in a quite a while :crackup:

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep and didn't they cancel the Dec Homestead events back in 2019 or something when nobody showed up?

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

that was CCS, and yes. historically it's a low entry event. usually just the riders from Loudon come down to ride

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

In the 80s and you wanted to road-race the North Central region there was WERA. I THINK the region was Grattan, IRP, Nelson, Gateway, and the track in Wentzville, MO. Around 1985 CCS racing was created and showed up to Grattan. If you loved road-racing and did not care about politics, and you worked and could not travel a lot some of us joined CCS. And that got us to be able to race Blackhawk which was OK close and kind of fun too.

In a typical summer I did some of the Grattan, IRP, and Nelson races and occasionally, we would drive to Blackhawk. In those days I think WERA novice plates were black with white letters and CCS novice plates were black with yellow numbers. The first time with CCS I got DQed or blacked flagged during practice for not having yellow numbers. WTF can’t I use white numbers till the next round, and no was the answer. And they were adamant about it, so, I let my license lapse and raced WERA.

15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Since I gave up chasing points because I was going bankrupt with diesel costs to meet most of the Mid-Atlantic WERA rounds, I tried CCS out this year. I did say that I would race with them once some of their tech stupidity went away (bringing all gear, belly pan, shitty transponders and associated issues, etc). So that's where I've been, since WERA doesn't seem interested in some of my ideas to try and get into the true mid atlantic customer base...yet ;)

There needs to be an east coast racing org...since WERA is no longer racing in the west (ERA now?), I still say there should be 1 licensing org, and WERA/ASRA agree upon regions, similar to how NESBA had different regions back in the day.

One license, cheaper/more streamlined for the racers, and WERA/ASRA no longer competes for racing the same tracks (Summit, Pitt, etc).

You guys still need to find a way to get to NCBIKE, but hell, what do I know? I've never 'ran' a race org, just been a loyal racer, year in, year out customer for 10 years now.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

oh god please no. it was a shit show everytime for CCS. plus the track andd facilities are crap

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm sure we've crossed paths at one time or another....cuz you're old too! I was at, what I believe was the first CCS meeting, at a hotel near O'hare airport. That's where I met Fred Tayler (NC region guys will remember him), and ended up buying my first racebike from him and his son Steve. He was the one who turned me on to WERA, and we shared the opinion that we didn't like the way the CCS message was presented at that meeting. Ironically, Steve ended up running both series, but I stuck with WERA. Meeting Ev and Buzz, and the great way they treated us racers, kept me there. Also, BHF was in our region, as I won my first race there in 1984.

I really don't think there's enough room for 2 series, as you're splitting a very limited market. That said, I just don't get the complaints about entry fees in general. Would everyone prefer that WERA or CCS never increase their fees? While I don't claim to know the financial ins and outs for WERA or CCS, it's a tough business to be in. Some years, it must be like running a charity, rather than a business. If costs are going up, does everyone expect the organizers to eat the cost? If you want a place to race, then you need to make sure you support the company who puts on the races, so they can be healthy enough to continue to provide what you want. It boggles my mind the number of people who don't grasp cause and effect.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Wasn't there a Kim Casper as race director?

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Honestly, I can't recall who was race director then. I know Sublet took over at one point, but I think that was late 80's ish? Too many head knocks, too many years, I can't remember quite a few things.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

No the CCS guy