1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is in the rest of the cart doesn't change the liability they face.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

NTTAWWT :crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

In this case it is actually dimwits arguing with dimwits. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I get it, but where is the line? A father goes grocery shopping with is 15 year old daughter? Me with my 3 year old son? Its not like me and a young looking girl were buying a case of beer, a bottle of 99 Bananas and some rubbers....

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Glad it wasn't just me. I lost it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The line changes depending on how much shit the store has gotten lately from either management or local law enforcement or MADD or whoever.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I went to Wally World to buy a box of .223. The counter chick asked for ID, I refused. She got a manager who also asked for ID. I told him nope you can't see my ID because you don't need it. I asked him one last time if he was sure he wanted to do this. His smug ass said no sale. No problem for me. I left and started emails.

Sent email to corporate, local, global Walmart. 2 days later I got a call from the regional manager apologizing profusely saying the store manager was reprimanded and offering me a box of whatever ammo I wanted. Know the rules and don't take shit from these people. That was several years ago and at the time Walmart only required id for handgun ammo, not rifle or shotgun. Which I knew, but their own dipshit manager didn't. I win. Nowadays they prolly want a blood sample and finger prints. I'm too well stocked to need to find out.

8. No. I don’t purposely act like a dick and give people shitty looks when they are trying to be nice to me.

I just don’t talk at all. I am happy to just stand there and handle whatever business needs to be handled. But if they make an effort to greet me, I will respond accordingly.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly. At the same time I think you are ignoring the reality that some people are incapable or unwilling to have any rational thought. If Walmart or any store that sells alcohol for that matter was truly concerned about any possible legal ramifications caused in part by them selling alcohol they wouldn’t sell it to begin with.

I understand there are process and procedure that address these laws but requiring everyone present in the check out line to provide an ID when alcohol is being purchased along with $100 or more other stuff, is the checkout person simply refusing to be objective. And I’m sure the store policy doesn’t require it beyond using discretion.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your resting bitch face is a dirty look... You've described acting just like this as a normal course of action when you're just being you.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come on now. You know better than that, the profit is too high to pass up. They just mitigate the potential issues as best they can.

Some days I think you forget what retail with idiotic policies can be like. Management doesn't allow discretion.

12. The whole thing is fucking stupid to me. It is getting outside the realm of their business, or what exactly they are supposed to police.

I can understand them being concerned about selling alcohol to a minor, hence the need to show ID.

What someone does with it after that isnt their responsibility.

When you buy a gun, they don’t require a background check on everyone in the car.
    When you get your motorcycle endorsement, they don’t make your brother and sister take the test also.
    If someone buys cigarettes, they don’t card everyone else also.
    When you pick up a prescription, they don’t ID the other people in the car.
    So on and so forth.....

Trying to police everyone for what they (might) do with something after they acquire it is absurd.

13. I would much prefer to just stand there in silence. But if some sweet little girl makes an effort to be nice to me, I don’t cut my eyes at her with this “fuck off” look.

...and that is just in normal everyday life, where I am not obligated to be nice to anyone. It is actually in his job description to be cordial to customers.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A huge part of every business is CYA - you of all people know that after the Gulf bullshit BP had to deal with.

They don't give a shit about that. They give a shit about the legal ramifications of doing it. Hence the need to card everyone in the party.

Not according to the law.

Yes it is. However the MADD people and parents of snowflakes have done an amazing job of taking responsibility off of the underage users of alcohol and putting it on, well, everyone else. Granted that's mainly because you can't get money out of a teenager and you can out of a store but that's not what they say when getting laws passed. Then it's all about the poor innocent little chilluns.

Motofun352 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's in what YOU think his job description should be evidently. You've never worked at WalMart to know for sure :D

Not mention cordial is pretty open ended.

Hilarious that you truly don't get that your issue is a perceived slight against the wife and nothing more than that :crackup:

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yes .. pushback stuff was mine , I thought the

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixed this and seriously if you think showing your receipt is abuse then you need to be really abused sometime to gain perspective :crackup:

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let’s cut to the chase. So did the wife enjoy the wine later that night? ;)

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anything that causes a hassle or inconvenience for Chaotic is Steeltoe Approved. :D

20. My issue was with stupid ID-everyone-standing-there thing.

However, it was the shittiness towards the wife that prompted my response. He was shitty towards her, then was a dick about the ID thing, so fuck him.

Had he been different from the beginning, I wouldn’t have said anything. I would have just told her to put it back and we will get it somewhere else.

I didnt have my ID on me, so I couldn’t show it to him.