1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I believe they are within their rights to inspect any package you are carrying out of the store.
    Having worked for Walmart I can tell you there are many meetings to inform the employees of some new thing they must do because Walmart lost a lawsuit.
    People love to sue Walmart.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So you're saying an actual employee has made some conscious effort to acknowledge you just purchased alcohol? :D

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Thank you for showing your receipt to accurately itemize everything you returned so you could be properly be refunded... you still complied...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

There is no suppose about it . It's already bad enough that all these stores are reducing the # of cashiers on staff and forcing people to stand in line for an unreasonable amount of time . And then they want to further agrivate you by demanding that you show proof your not a
    Thief.
    Your argument might have merit if a person is walking from the back of store , but if your coming from the cashier line ... Bullshit !
    If they are have stolen property issues they need to find a fix that doesn't trample my rights
    This is nothing more than Corporate Greed .

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m not sure how pissing people off with stupid policies is corporate greed. :confused:

All it did in this case was cause a loss in a couple of sales. Corporate greed would do just the opposite ... give us your money.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone still visits retail stores to purchase anything. There is nothing other than perishable food items like seafood and vegetables that aren't readily available to be dropped on your door step. Order the shit and have it delivered. The local farmers market is a great place to hand some nice people cash directly without them getting fucked for their hard work by selling at Kroger or Publix. We still have a local butcher for meat and seafood. However most of the meat we consume is delivered in Styrofoam containers just like everything else.

7. What the hell is a buggy?

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

What's a buggie? :crackup:

9. Venom51

A trolley...a car denter....a parking lot cockroach.

ToofPic likes this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

oh, a shopping cart... :)

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Seems that several here could use a refresher on what the "rights" in the Constitution actually apply to, and what they don't.

So much win in this one - needs to be added to the Best Of :)

12. CRA_Fizzer

so is it a sack, or grocery bag?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do you think that the people who steal stuff walk out of the store? Through the stock room in the back?

And I'm not sure you have a right to shop there. You definitely have a right not to shop there, however.

14. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at the sheer balls thieves have. They will load up a cart and just walk out of stores.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Because people that work at these stores are so handcuffed by corporate they cant actually do anything except call the police. By then, the criminals are long gone. Plus, 98% of the workers arent paid enough to give a fuck anyway to bother.

16. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I was at bestbuy and I overheard the lead loss prevention person "yelling quietly" at their employees, trying not to cause a scene, saying somebody just walked out of here with a fridge the size of this one ( and it was a big fridge) and nobody stopped them. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Razr likes this.
  17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I have to say I don't think I understand these laws. I tried to search, but haven't found clear proof either way. I found a report for KY that stated:
    "Furnishing Alcohol to Minors Furnishing is prohibited with the following exception(s): • Parent/guardian"

and then goes on to say:
    "Underage Possession of Alcohol Possession is prohibited—no explicit exceptions noted in the law.
    Underage Consumption of Alcohol Consumption is not explicitly prohibited.
    Internal Possession by Minors Internal possession is not explicitly prohibited."

Which sounds like it's cool for parents to give their kids alcohol, but then it is illegal for the kids to hold it, up until they end up drinking it, where they are within their rights again. So kids let that be a lesson to you: chug those beers your parents give you. :D

I understand the whole private property, they can decide to enforce whatever policy they want stance. I just don't understand how a business can be culpable for the product that they legally sold after it leaves their doors. Are they culpable if the "kid" sits in the car? Across the parking lot? What about at a restaurant? I just don't see how this law is enforceable.

18. Venom51

Most of the time yes. It's also not always clear cut. That guy that was just mentioned with the loaded cart may have just walked out the door while the guy that lives down the street or shares the apartment with was conveniently looking the other way and distracted at just the right moment. He doesn't have to be brave when the door exit employee is in on it. It does and has happened.

Why do you think Wal-Mart and those like them instituted the policy of only returning funds back to the original purchase mechanism. If you paid cash you can get back cash but they'd still rather give you a store card with that amount on it. If you paid by major credit card they can only return it to the card that was used originally. People were conspiring with employees to check out with stolen credit cards, then return the items on a day that the same employee was working the returns desk and walking out of the store with cash they would then split.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

When I worked at a library in college we had a non-confrontation policy. I sat at the front desk and watched people walk straight out the door with books held over their head to not set off the alarms. I was told to do nothing.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

“We need to ID anyone that looks under 40” they can kiss my ass fo shit
    Like that.

My Aunt (68) didn’t get a beer at the block party downtown.. i mean, WTF. They didn’t want to sell me 2 beers. So i bought one, handed it over to her and bought another one. Now what? Cop stood a few feet away and stared into the blue... Wanna put an older woman in jail for drinking at 3x the drunking age? People are seriously out of their minds with that shit.