1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Nov 13, 2022.

1. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

I picked DiGi, Jorge, Pecco in that order. Too many others out of points though.

While happy for Pecco, Jorge didn't help me on points being that far down.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

@BigBird with the win and @vfrket takes the lead with one round remaining!

We also had to have set a record this week with @IronCactus and myself having tied in 3rd with our picks from 1-11 identical. I thought maybe something was screwy until I saw we flipped the riders in 12 and 13.

BigBird likes this.
  3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

@IronCactus and i are now tied for 5th and @dandubeau only a few points behind - pressure is building - for 5th lol.

IronCactus likes this.
  4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Hell of a hail Mary to pick a guy for his first ever GP win when you guys were that close at the top. That could be a defining moment for the championship.

This must have been what everybody else felt like during the alien era :D

gixer1100 likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thanks! maybe I should have changed my picks before lol.

and a 3 way race in Valencia! Any of you 3 can win...let's see how the strategies play out!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought for sure I was losing by double-digit points to @Chino52405 and @vfrket this week.

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

really though! lol

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Try harder :D

DiGi looked too good in that sprint and his consistency in the practices made me think he might do it.

What was weird to me was Marini taking the soft front, I just thought he cannot make it last on the Duc. He, FQ, and Frankie were only ones that tried it. I felt good picking FQ and Maverick for their long term pace.
    I feel guilty for not believing in Marini and Binder. I wanted to pick Beast up further but he'd done nothing I had seen to indicated he'd be climbing up like that.

I'm looking forward to the last race!

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Rossi went to Valencia in 2006 with a 5-point lead over Hayden and choked. :D

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He had a 7 point lead in 2015 too.....

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but he did not choke at Valencia.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

right, he kicked at Sepang

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Results through 19 rounds/

Race winners:
    1. vfrket
    2. Chino
    3. vfrket
    4. DaveWolfe/jksoft (tie)
    5. Gixxer1100
    6. SuddenBraking
    7. Chino52405
    8. motorkas16.
    9. HPPT
    10. Chino52405
    11. BigBird
    12. HPPT
    13. DanDubeau
    14 HPPT
    15. motorkas
    16. ironcactus
    17. redtailracing
    18. Chino52405
    19 BigBird (solid 112 total, dashing all hopes of a Bird feast)

Leaderboard:
    #1 vfrket 1825
    #2 HPPT 1820
    #3 chino52405 1819
    #4 redtailracing 1793

OK, 6 point spread -- game is wide open. redtail on a bender could make a play from way back, but seems unlikely without some big faltering. Bring it.

BigBird, Phl218 and gixer1100 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's Friday. We open for business? :D

gixer1100 and vfrket like this.
  15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@jksoft @dsapsis

Hey gents, we can drop this race if you want and call it done. I'm ok with that.

But if not, I think the HP wants the picks opened up

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I just looked as I went to make picks and missing PI cost me 9 points to @HPPT and 17 to @vfrket

I wish picks were working so I didn't go look at that :crackup:

17. dsapsis

Yeah. Apologies all around. I have been away from computers the last day.

I have asked Jeremy to open picks and confirm closing pick time. It looks to me like the race is set for 1500 local time in Valencia. Since Valencia is +9 hours for me, that translates to a start time for me of 0600 or 0300 for East coast, not 0400 as listed. As always, any picks that come in after the race starts will be scrubbed. Hopefully we get the site all sorted so this is all fair for the last race. Sorry for the nerves, and best of luck to all three of you contenders.

18. dsapsis

Good news: You can make picks. Bad news is they wont stick because race is closed. Working on that.

HPPT likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I want to go for a gamble, since a 5-point deficit is pretty much final on that track without rain and second or third really makes no difference (no offense, @redtailracing ), but I can't even determine what constitutes a gamble under the current circumstance.

20. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Screenshot_20231125_154447_Chrome.jpg

Looks like 9 AM EST start..