1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Nov 13, 2022.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Results from the Thailand round are up, and redtailracing took home the win with an impressive score of 114.

Still a battle at the top.
    Race winners

1. vfrket
    2. Chino
    3. vfrket
    4. DaveWolfe/jksoft (tie)
    5. Gixxer1100
    6. SuddenBraking
    7. Chino52405
    8. motorkas16.
    9. HPPT
    10. Chino52405
    11. BigBird
    12. HPPT
    13. DanDubeau
    14 HPPT
    15. motorkas
    16. ironcactus
    17. redtailracing

Leaderboard
    #1 HPPT 1618
    #2 vfrket 1612
    #3 chino52405 1596
    #4 redtailracing 1595
    #5 ironcactus 1564
    #6 gixxer1100 1556
    #7 dandubeau 1542
    #8 bigbird 1505
    #9 dsapsis 1475
    #10 72westie 1445

Chino still has room to make a play up with 3 rounds to go. I am going to whup BigBird, so you can get +30 too. Bring on Malaysia in 2 weeks.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

About time lol. I’ve been hanging around the top 5 most of the season without an actual win. Unfortunately I think papas just a little too far out of reach for me to have a serious chance with only 3 rounds to go. Looking like it’s down to him and vfrket.

gixer1100 likes this.
  3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Also about to fall off the podium at the same time!

Congrats @redtailracing

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Fun Fact: I didn't make picks this week :) Didn't see both races until Sunday evening

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Damn, I had a good round, but tied the guys ahead of me I was chasing to try and sniff a podium spot lol. Nice round redtail.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wonder how many times we have picked the same podium in the same order. That has to be the majority of the races.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. dsapsis

AB19 added and Malaysia now open for pick selection. Will he score higher than the current gold standard for wildcards (DP26)? Can he win like Bayliss in 2006? Will he bowlingball a bunch of riders like we was want to do during his GP career? Answers this weekend.

9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

This race is a tough pick, seemed to have a few with more juice in the second half of the sprint....

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

I almost picked
    Beast
    Jorge
    Alex
    Pecco

but thought Beast would help the team directly again so I picked
    Jorge
    Alex
    Pecco
    Beast

Just looked like Beast had the steam in the sprint. Need to actually watch the race now.

11. Chino52405

I had Alex, Enea, Jorge, Pecco. I thought there was no way Enea let Pecco get ahead at the start because it would doom him to play teammate again like the sprint.

I also thought Pecco would play it safe but going around the outside of Martin may have been a championship winning statement.

12. Dan Dubeau

Race didn't play out like I thought it would. I didn't score myself yet, I don't want to know.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am really wanted to do that but I decided to play it safe since I still had a shot at winning the season. I chose that over winning the race. Turned out to be the wrong choice and it looks like it's going to hurt.

Chino52405 likes this.
  14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

I hope you picked him to win....

15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Self score 106. Ugh.

16. Dan Dubeau

Nice round Chino, That put a lot of nice distance between you and 4th and tightened up that podium. I think the money spots are all but sewn up, just a matter of who gets what.

Chino52405 likes this.
  17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Chino52405 likes this.
  18. Chino52405

Damn. That was unexpected. I thought for sure we'd all score similar around the top 4 spots then figured I screwed it after that with Binder out and Fabio so far up.

Shout out to @BigBird who knew I could pull something like this off even when I had quit believing in myself. This one's for you champ!

19. Dan Dubeau

He can't hear you down there below me in the standings. :D

20. dsapsis

Results through 18 rounds, with two to play, and Chino making a power play. Strong 116 score mate.
    Race winners:
    1. vfrket
    2. Chino
    3. vfrket
    4. DaveWolfe/jksoft (tie)
    5. Gixxer1100
    6. SuddenBraking
    7. Chino52405
    8. motorkas16.
    9. HPPT
    10. Chino52405
    11. BigBird
    12. HPPT
    13. DanDubeau
    14 HPPT
    15. motorkas
    16. ironcactus
    17. redtailracing
    18. Chino52405

Overall Standings

Player Name
    Season Points
    #1 HPPT 1719
    #2 vfrket 1717
    #3 chino52405 1712
    #4 redtailracing 1691
    #5 gixxer1100 1645
    #6 ironcactus 1642
    #7 dandubeau 1638
    #8 bigbird 1579
    #9 dsapsis 1573

The takeaway from this is that its a 3-way dogfight at the top and Aviana Grande is going down!
    On the Qatar which being moved to the end of the season will make it a passable venue. I just don't like the track, don't like that there are 300 people in the stands, and it all seems a little surreal given boatloads of petro-bucks. A good battle will make all that moot. Bring it.

gixer1100 and BigBird like this.