1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Nelson's Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 18, 2014.

1. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

Damn, I loved that track

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Coldcock, "Damn, that's one strong malt liquor"

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Or gingerman, autobahn, bhf :D

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I think my biggest fear is that they'll do just enough to make it tolerable again, rather than making proper repairs...

5. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Punch my ticket, cuz I'm ridding this train!

Putnam! PUTNAM! PUTNAM!

6. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

It's just an hour north of Nashville and that track used to be on the NC schedule

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Got my vote!

8. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I hate Putnam nearly as much as I hate Nelson. Not quite... but almost.

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

You really hate Putnam?

And you don't even mention Gateway??

I think you got some wires crossed.

:P

10. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Yeah, you crashed there so your opinion may count more, or less. Not sure which.

If I am wrong, please correct me. Aside from the "history" of Nelsons, etc. isnt one of the primary reasons for it being on the schedule due to its very low rental cost?

11. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Yes, I hate Putnam. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's a nice track, nice pit area, very pretty place, but I just don't like it. I hate that they kick you out after 6pm, I hate the layout, and I hate T10. I just can't wrap my head around that place. Nelson is a dump, but the layout is easy to figure out. It's just a matter of how fast you want to go through the bumps. haha

And I never said I liked Gateway... but I do like it more than Putnam :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll look at it but I can't take away too many events from our Vintage riders, they're WERA racers too.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They sell it yet and get the county to allow staying at the track?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For the NC region look at it being centered around Indy/Columbus and go in a 6 or so hour range from there.

Bowling Green Kentucky is nowhere near the Southeast. That is centered on ATL/Birmingham.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10 is part of the issue, it was a problem when we did run there and now with the bikes being another decade faster is concerns me even more. I know I have a personal issue with it too but I try not to take that into account (no, not the issue with the track owner, an issue with T10 specifically)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nashville wasn't my choice but the riders up there wanted points to come play in the South :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's funny is we've run all of those and none - including Autobahn - brought out these masses of Chicago racers :D

18. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Interesting you say that considering the 2012 Blackhawk experiment. I know you said the target turnout was right there, but I didnt see many CCS faces from a couple weekends prior that I am sure you were hoping would show up too. Is it more of a possibility the "Chicago Racers" are more of a track day enthusiast crowd in the Chicagoland area rather than dedicated racers which would skew that perception?

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You've picked up some. The trick is budgeting enough to do more than one year, which I realize is difficult when you take a loss in year one at a place like BHF or Gingerman.

For Putnam, what about getting some air fence in T10 for the event? Assuming there are no scheduling conflicts.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My issue with T10 even with air fence is the rider bouncing back into the track and getting hit. Like I said, I know in large part it's a personal thing with me. Either way it's all a moot point, we will not do business with the current owners no matter what. Like it or not we won't give money to business owners who deal with us as they have.