1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Nelson's Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, May 18, 2014.

1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I wonder how many beehives and gnat nests they house too?

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's been around ten years. Time to move on if you ask me. They're pricks, I get it. But it's just a race track.

Or I'll volunteer to be the proxy between the two. :up:

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I think there is a better chance of BHF than Putnam for WERA. Maybe the Corvette track will take off.

4. Crybaby™

I'm not seeing how this is remotely close to a North Central track. Might be cool to run a future Cycle Jam or GNF there for the NC guys to attend though

IMHO - It's just another sweet tack for them SE guys. Lucky bastards

5. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Nelson with a new surface would be scary. There's barely enough runoff there to begin with, at the higher speeds that fresh pavement would bring... :eek: yikes.

6. Crybaby™

I'd prefer Putnam to BHF just from a distance point of view.

Not sure why BHF works, but Gingerman doesn't. Anyone know if the improvements/changes been completed at Gingerman?

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Sean has stated many times that until Putnam has proper run off in 10 he won't even consider it.

9. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Eden,

NC used to include Nashville - the Corvette Track would be around a 6.5-7 hour trip max. Less for your hot rod BMW tow rig.

Too sad to see this going on with Nelson's. Place is a S*$thole, but I do love the layout. Eddie, you will have to go back there no matter what to rescue Ken.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah, that is true about Ken. And yeah, Corvette would be fine in the region. Eden may need a proper tow vehicle, that's all.

I love the layout of Nelson too. It's just not any fun going there and having virtually no one to race against. The last 2-3 years have been dismal for turnouts.

11. Crybaby™

NASHVILLE????? That's a pretty damn loose definition of NORTH central. I bet if you told someone in that city they were North anything they'd pop ya right in the nose :)

As for Nelson, from what I just read. Everything is fine and we'll have a fully repaired track by the time the WERA round arrives :rolleyes:

12. Crybaby™

I'll just hitch a ride with Jon, but it is quite a haul. On second thought maybe I'll drop my bike with him and fly in, like a GP rider :)

And in the Rossi fashion, if you slowed down you'd have plenty of people to race against there

13. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

You'd be surprised at the population in the Nashvegas area originally from Michigan. They claim southern now, but werent always goobers.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

the rumors always change with Nelson Ledges...

A few years ago it was "the track is being sold, but the buyer is backing out because of the cost to remove the tires, per EPA demand."

Lately I've heard "the ownership doesn't care if the track closes. They own the track free-and-clear, so any money that comes in is pure profit at this point, and they won't live long enough to recoup any money they invest in repairs now." Thus removing all motivation to maintain the track.

That rumor was couple with allegations that the asking price for the track is obscenely high, preventing a buy-out from someone who would be motivated to make repairs and improvements.

I don't know what to believe anymore, but here's a link to pictures of the track from a few weeks ago:

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/104591-moto-series-round-1-may-2-4/page-12 (ignore the part where I fell for the April Fool's joke about Putnam)

15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Not that my vote counts but I say we shitcan NL until something is 100% improved. In the meantime I'll drive to the corvette place, Putnam or, just stage a North central region party at the Indy GP.

16. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

This was the point I was making with the BHF comparison.

Nelson could be a great place if it had a great owner.

Or more simply.

A track is as good or bad as its owner.

17. Yep. The layout is great. With more runoff and a proper repave it could be one of the most fun tracks to ride. Almost like a miniature clockwise Philip Island style layout.

18. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

good riddance

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You mean coldcock 'em?

20. Crybaby™

That too

I can't be the only one that has heard and used that term. Anyone else?