1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living on a boat - idiots long term dream may become a reality

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Jun 28, 2012.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Only because they haven't seen this.

Or these.

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Dang it Ms Acree. I can't see your pics. Work has them blocked for some reason. I'll just stick with single mast sailboats and raise you Mirabella V. Seems like I read somewhere there's a fricken elevator in her mast. You too can rent her for 400K/week. She was in Charleston last summer. Sheeze! I'ma gonna bet she's nicer than what ever you posted......cause I'm guessing you posted houseboats.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

there were a couple of house mansions and an amphibious RV.

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I went on a sail boat sales site today. It's actually crazy what level of boat you can get for the money with sail boats. I think I want to buy one. I could get into a regular Antarctica cycle. Work down there for Feb through Oct then sail the other months. :p

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How about this one bishes.:D

[​IMG]

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

^^Someone f'd up the foundations of that house.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would think it would be relatively earthquake and fireproof. Perfect for SoCal. :D

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

High winds, and rough water would be kinda...Iffy though...:D

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

No way, not sea worthy. I wouldn't head across the gulf stream on a calm day in that monstrosity....:p

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It has sails with windows... so that's cool. :up:

:p

11. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

http://www.beneteauusa.com/Sailboats/Oceanis/Oceanis-41

I have written a business plan to retire on the linky above. They are around $170k new, but i've found older boats in perfect shape for well under $100k that are large enough.

I'm 44 and the wife is 35. We can go in 5 years. But we have to cash out everything we have. I'll have enough cash to full-time cruise until health brings us back. Our $$ will go A LOT further once you get away from the US. The wife will out live me so what she does with it all after im gone is up to her.

In the mean time i have a 22 foot sailboat on a local KY lake and am pretty good at handling it in all sorts of weather. This is going to happen and we are checking items off our list in preparation to go.

(the race bike will be the last thing to go.)

12. motox

motox 164

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

170K, pretty cheap. I was looking at a Beneteau before I went with the one I purchased. 5 years.....OK, we'll be heading out about the same time. Where we going?:D

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

this thread got me lookin' again for a hobie 16 and damn if i didn't find one. i just parked it in the driveway an hour ago.
    it needs a name.
    white hulls, black trampoline, "the happy colors" stretched across its tall white sails.
    fortunately, you guys can be very creative so, help me out.
    unfortunately,

...it looks like a gay unicorn. :crackup:

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Marketing on their website makes it look like a half a million dollar boat.

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

It has been a while since this thread started. Looking at a 27' Catalina this weekend. Probably going to buy it and start learning how to sail

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

:clap:

Attached Files:

18. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

Subbed. Very cool

19. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

my 42 footer

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

20. Alex_V