1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living on a boat - idiots long term dream may become a reality

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

That's his first one right?
    He sold that and got a new one.

His are gas motors though. not turbines if I remember right! Nice as hell though.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I didn't feel like reading every page but I gotta ask, has the OP ever slept inside of a smaller boat just to be sure he's a fit for this type of living?

Would kinda suck to go through this entire process and cost only to find out you have some serious motion sickness. :D

3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Nope, never slept on boats before. So I got a small 27 foot Catolina to test and learn. It was cheap enough to if it fails I wont loose much sleep.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Haha! Congrats!

Be sure to update the thread with lotsa pics inside and out!

I kinda went through the same process last yr but with a land yacht. :)

5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Back in the USSA! Made it back from the Bahamas. Leaving Fernandina Beach FL tomorrow for Charleston. Should take me 24 hours. From there it's probably up the ICW, so if anyone on the way wants to stop by and bring some beer, let me know...

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Pic of said boat Alex?

7. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

If you're ever in Abaco again in the near future tell Capt. James the Dickerson's said hello. http://captjames.com/

I built him a website, and I need to get it updated.

8. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Will do...

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Still finalizing paperwork. Current owner wont be back in town for another week. But here she is

[​IMG]