2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

From the post I was under the impression it was management making the criticism. If correct that is when it matters. If is some random poster that is no big deal. It would be like me making a criticism of a random racer. 0% reflection on Mongo (and likely others would rip on me in return)

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I understood it a little differently. It went from:

-$125 per class late fee no exceptions
    -$125 one time late fee if you're already pre entered and are adding classes
    -No late fee if you're pre entered for 5+ races and are adding more. (current)

While I have some heartburn with the way they do things, I'm also willing to let them learn and hopefully we have a good place to go racing eventually.

You have to give them some credit, they have modernized the process, made tech very quick and efficient, added qualifying, made everything available electronically, and revised the rule book to clean up the number of classes. Of course some people are upset- (I would be too if my bike got kicked out of a class).

They have also listened to feedback with the class structure and made rule changes quickly and accordingly. For example the debacle with the LW classes that would have accidentally let in the KTM 890. So I wish them luck. For selfish reasons mostly, as I have raced with them for 20 years and if they bail on FL I will have to drive 8 hours to the nearest track!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it was never "per class", was always an added item at the end of your cart when checking out

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so it looks like they only had 32 racers at Roebling. i wonder if they're blaming the riders for that too. :crackup:

Shenanigans and Sabre699 like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Question for you FL racers and people in the know: how many different orgs or groups trying to run competing race series there now?

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

CCS only does Daytona. Not sure if they'll run Homestead early in 2024, but they're no longer doing Homestead after Daytona.

PanAm is the only series based in Florida, in my opinion.

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Roebling has CCS last weekend, N2/WERA this weekend, and Pan American in June and August- That's a lot of racing at Roebling in the hottest part of the year.

CCS races Homestead 2x a year, possibly 3, and Pan American has 3 or so Homestead dates as well. PBIR is gone and Jennings is track day only. Daytona once a year in October. :mad:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are because they expect a business to be profitable. Roadracing isn't the way to do that. If you're like Evelyne and I and are happy with making a relatively decent salary and love what you do it's fantastic. Yeah a bunch of work and stress but a lot of fun and freedom too. But you'll never see profits like you would selling widgets or the like.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would we buy another org like that? There isn't any compatible equipment I don't already have duplicates of and honestly I think as far as name recognition/value we're already good to go.

5axis likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The hold more value for us than cash does - at least ass long as we're paying the bills :crackup:

Yamaboy likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn’t Cook and his group also run races in Florida? I haven’t paid much attention but weren’t there a bunch of tiny orgs all trying to take slices of the tiny pie of fl racing?

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Just my opinion... They tried to do too much at once, and from my understanding didn't keep much or any of the previous staff. I also think that they really botched their public relations, majorly, which put a bad taste in the racer's mouths. As we all know racing is an extremely expensive affair, so why the new owners are taking this "like it or leave" approach is beyond me.

KneeDragger_c69 and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:moon:

14. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

once. they are now ending their season at Daytona. so Homestead will only be early season

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He barely runs track days at this point best I can tell.

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So same as before........drops mic and grazes off.

17. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

They expect a business to be profitable but make decisions (and have responses to questions) that wind up reducing the profit. That is not "business minded", IMO.

noles19 likes this.
  18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

anyone catch that Lisa took back the FB group? she's a rockstar!

KneeDragger_c69, R1M370 and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

"I'm taking control of my group page back.
    That's right. Your group. My page." Lisa T.

Laughed my ass off reading her post, love ya Lisa, miss ya too.

KneeDragger_c69 and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Let's not forget how that whole deal started. I still have a chip on my shoulder about it, and it's why I never raced with them. Snakey.