1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

How do you sell more new tires? You...

2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The Silverstone circuit that BSB uses is VERY short. We are talking 53 second lap times. I think the shortest track on the MotoA calendar is NJMP I believe, where they run 1:20's or something.

BSB's utilization of short/narrow tracks, their very well thought out rules package, and UK's overall love for motorcycles (motorsports in general) Help to bring in sponsors and manufacturers efforts into that paddock. I have looked into this until my brain hurts to try and figure out how the BSB Series is easily the best domestic series on the planet.. The biggest factor is the distance between tracks. They are all within 500 miles of each other.. BSB also seems to have a very good TV package, with a lot of advertising support. They are available on two international streaming services. MotorTrend and Motorsport.tv, and always upload highlight videos and some seriously AMAZING onboard footage of every single race within days after the race weekend.

Things like this are why the manufacturers and sponsors show up with money/equipment. Honda Racing UK is fielding FOUR riders on the factory team for 2022.. The rules package in place also makes it to where any of the bikes can be competitive. Hell, you will have teams completely switch brands after a season, build whole new bikes with minimal data, and have their riders do well right off the start (just look at Kyle Ride and Brad Ray this past weekend, with Rich Energy switching from BMW to Yamaha) I would confidently say that there are 6-8 riders on that grid that could win the BSB championship and I would NOT be surprised.

Slightly off topic... but I think Rory Skinner is gunna come into his own this year and really be a factor. lol

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Riders/teams can ask Dunlop to not toss their tires after the change and they can take them back. If you know a rider or a team you could probably get their take offs. Guess in that case they would be liable not dunlop

4. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm not that well connected.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you go to a round, just walk around to the racers and ask if they are any to sell any of their takeoffs. They should be able to tell you how many laps are on the tire.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This^

The last thing those teams want to do is haul a bunch of used up tires back home with them. Pretty much any team in the MotoA paddock would sell you their takeoffs, unless they have some sort of prior arrangement.

7. koth442

Good to know.. good to know...

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Looks like Cam had a rough start to the day…

F890164A-A4BD-4BD3-8E94-F905BB54C948.jpeg

jd41 likes this.
  9. koth442

10. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well, this is going to be interesting. Appears more 750's will be on the grid. Keep a eye on Liam Grant, and Tyler Scott! I'm thinking Josh is going to get a run for his money!

The value of being on a 600 just diminished. Kind of feel bad for the teams whom budgeted and planned for the season which might amount to a chassis a few steps behind in the HP department.

More GSX-R750s To Join The Supersport Fight At VIR - MotoAmerica

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’d still take a built R6 or 675 over a SS GSXR750.

im sure they will be somewhat level.
    Time will tell.

FastByKids likes this.
  12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure...
    The 750 seemed to have an edge on the 600 at RA along with the V2.

Anymore developpement on that 750 and it'll be giving Herrin a run for his money.

FastByKids likes this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It's still very early in the season. They may still neuter the V2 and the 750

5axis and RRP like this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Come tracks like VIR, I think you're right.

15. KneeDragger_c69

Could be... or not ! lol
    But the difference was extremely visible.

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what happens at VIR which is less of a HP track than Rd Atl.

Now when they go to Road America that will CLEARLY display who has more HP.

But you know just as much as I do that the HP number isn't everything. You have to get the thing to hook up and turn.

5axis and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

Yes but VIR does have a long front, doesn't it ? Or am I confusing tracks ? Never been to VIR.

The 750 isn't that much more of a beast to twist around, as opposed to a 1000cc. I don't think they'll be very much on the disadvantaged as the 600 are on a decent stretch.
    Pretty M4 (or who ever is running the Zooks team.... VisionWheels ??) will get thing hooked up quickly ;) Again, GSX600 and 750 aren't really at opposites.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I suspect it won't really matter unless MA severely neuters the Duc.

1. Warhorse isn't fucking around this year
    2. Herrin is a superbike champion - as much as I'm frankly not a fan of the guy, there isn't another rider in that class with half his resume. Nothing against those kids but they're all up and comers and some of them will probably be there one day. But they aren't there yet.

Following Road Atlanta, I honestly think Herrin is out there running around at 90%. He's smart enough to know the ramifications of just absolutely demolishing the field. Build a few second lead early and manage the gap. Could be completely wrong but that's the feeling I got. Sad part is I suspect the Duc is eventually going to get completely castrated to the point no one else can make it work because a superior rider is making it look like a stronger bike than it is.

evakat, GM GIXXER, Gino230 and 3 others like this.
  19. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

In WSS, the R6 is sitting 1-2 in the points, but the Duc looked very good at the last round. It's a bit better comparison in regards to talent and teams, relatively speaking.

FastByKids, The Great One and koth442 like this.