1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was picking up a couple of groceries for dinner one night, absolutely nothing that could or would need to be returned. As I was walking out of Wal-Mart the lady asked to see my receipt. With out breaking stride I handed her my receipt and just kept walking. I wanted to turn around and see the look on her face but figured I would lose cool points if I did.

badmoon692008 and ToofPic like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Most of it is a byproduct of MADD and the DUI industry. They keep looking for more people to blame and get money out of. So you start with the drunk peeps, get them screwed over, build the industry larger and need more income to support it which means you then go after the bars and bar tenders and servers, well that's not enough because the drunks stay close lipped, now you move on to anyone and everyone selling alcohol and work on stings of the stores to bust them selling to the snowflakes who don't know better and must be saved from the evil satan that is alcohol.

Okay, I think I sufficiently dungeoned this one :crackup:

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I say what you just posted:rolleyes::crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cop has discretion in enforcement, the person selling has absolutely none at all.

6. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20, that's why it's best to run everything past the beeb. :D

Gorilla George and motoracer1100 like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh sorry, I thought we were going for hyberbole to show absolutely nothing.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

No, but, something similar happend to a friend of mine who owns a gun store. Guy and girl walk in and look at guns. They leave. Guy comes back with another girl. They look at a few and she asks to see a gun. She hands it to him. He looks at and she says he'll take it. Cashier asks to see his id for the paperwork, background check, etc. She pulls out hers. After talking with the manager, cashier explains that he can't sell them the gun. She went on a tirade, claimed discrimination and all other kinds of shit. They left the store, went to another gun store, bought a gun for him, bragged about it on facebook trying to badmouth my friend's store. It's now in the hands of immigration (he's not a citizen) and ATF and they're getting a good lesson on Straw Purchase.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I have some inkling of what this is like through my grandaughter.

In my original post I said that it does seem targeted to the not so affluent in society.

10. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

You should’ve bought the store and fired him.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're gonna have to ban yourself.

As for the topic: Costco membership fine print says that they will check your receipt on the way out. That's a condition of membership. You agree to it by signing up and shopping there.

WallyWorld/Best Buy/et al can f**k straight off asking me for a receipt. I won't be all rude, I'll just say "No thanks" and keep walking. I've never had hands put on me... not sure what I'd do in that situation. Probably it would depend on my mood and the size of the dude that put hands on me! :D

12. motoracer1100

Just show them your AARP CARD :D

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, but what could he do?

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Leave Kenny alone we call it a buggy in the South.

Gorilla George and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  15. 3twins

3twins Well-Known Member

Oh for sure and it's everywhere. It's mind blowing what thieves will just take and walk out the door like no big deal. Stores will get their mug on camera and maybe another cam or employee will get a plate, but they only get away with it until they don't.

I'm sure it's frustrating for the big corporate chains and absolutely maddening for mom and pop stores. If there's any of those left anymore.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It was the University of Louisville's mail library. Our Speed School of Engineering library had undercover robots and lasers and shit.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you ever worked retail? Especially where you have to guess someones age?

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

coke instead of pop
    straight shift instead of stick shift
    sack instead of bag
    buggy not cart

What else... :)

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder how Broome manages to spend as much time working in a 3rd world country as he does.

20. motoracer1100

Every time I see Buggy and South used in a sentence, I think of that Johnny Cobbler song :crackup: