“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Must have been a liberal arts college. If it was an Engineering school, they would have added overhead sensors.

TurboBlew, Razr and Knotcher like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

How much are you drinking? Is this a call for help? lol

rd400racer and HPPT like this.
  3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

When me and my girlfriend first moved in together I was 20 and she was 23... Everytime we went shopping for the apartment we'd shop together, and then I'd just walk out while she went and checked out because she wanted some beer or a bottle of wine or something... I always thought it was a bullshitass rule too and the first time it happened got pretty shitty with the guy. Now I'm well over 21 and still usually put up a stink about it because it's just stupid... I have a beard and look like shit... I'm obviously not 18

4. That is part of the political correct world we live in today.

They have to check everyone’s (or most people’s) to avoid someone crying “you only checked my receipt because I look like/dress like/talk like/came from ______!!”

5. That’s the kind of shit that is aggravating to me. The complete lack of logic and/or common sense is fucking pathetic.

Sabre699 and motoracer1100 like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So long as juries hold sellers responsible for the actions of buyers you will see overzealous ID checking.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL

what right exactly are you referring to?

[​IMG]

"I KNOW MY RIGHTS!!!"

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. That is also fucking stupid. People should be held accountable for their own actions.

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

If it happens again just tell them you don't know her. What are they going to do, card everyone in line whenever one person is buying booze?

ToofPic, Phl218 and HPPT like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got one word for those of you who don't like dealing with people.

Amazon :p

Phl218 likes this.
  11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

My Sister works for CVS in Florida , they have a non confrontational policy to people stealing shit. And because of this the losers of the world come in a steal them blind . The stories I hear about how bold they are just makes you sick . This stupid policy makes the costs for the rest of us Skyrocket. While I absolutely refuse to have my rights trampled to help them combat this problem, there has to be a way to find a remedy to fix both problems. And it should be on corporate America come up with it .

12. I thought about several things like that after the fact.

I could have just walked off and let her buy it. Or went and sat in the car while she went back in.

That’s what gets me about this dumbass rule, there are infinite ways to circumvent it. Hell, I could have just stood 5’ behind the lane as if I wasn’t with her.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So a few random videos shows it happens all the time everywhere?

Nope. :crackup:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

We can always go back to when everything was behind the counter, and you had to ask the clerk for it.

Sit back and watch Broome and Dern self-immolate. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit you are an entitled git :crackup:

Unreasonable amount of time standing in line? Seriously? If the line is too long walk the fuck out. Like a grown up human.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but it'd be so over engineered and buggy that'd instead of setting off an alarm it'd probably send 1000 volts through the librarians genitals.

and who would actually build it? Engineers might be able to design it but 99% couldn't build a sandwich. :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Local sheriff has pics up from WalMart on the FB page every other day. I'm sure it's happening multiple times daily that they don't catch.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be so awesome to watch. :crackup:

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Maybe I am :crackup:.. keep off my lawn