“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, you're bitching about the ID thing to start a thread. Your posts however have shown quite clearly the real issue is he was mean to your woman.

Even this post :crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm doing my best :crackup:

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pretty sure self check with alcohol isn't going to happen. :crackup:

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hello pot - meet kettle.

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

They don't check everyone's receipt , it's random . But that does not matter . Once you pay for it it's your personal property. No one has the right to inspect or rummage through your stuff with out your permission. If you give them permission... Fine , that's your right . They don't have the right to hold you hostage to inspect your receipt before leaving the store . It's called the 4 th amendment to the Constitution.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They check everyone in every store I've ever seen receipts checked, it is not random anywhere I've been all across the country. Granted you can walk right past them but they're not picking you out because you look shifty. Hell, the Wally World greeters doing it can't even see far enough to profile anyone.

No one anywhere has ever remotely come close to saying they can hold you hostage. Not the stores, not here. No clue why people keep bringing it up. No clue why Dern tried to make it part of his original story.

BigBird likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

There are utube vids that clearly show them refusing to let people leave the store without showing a receipt . Even to the point of putting hands on them . Just because some have never seen it , doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Best Buy is the worst at checking receipts at the door. The thought never entered my mind to tell them to fuck off.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I do it a few times a week at my Kroger. Scan it, the clerk looks at me and pushes a button, I pay and walk away.

Sabre699 and shakazulu12 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I suppose you can make that argument if you decide to ignore the word "unreasonable." But they can probably make a pretty good case that checking receipts against purchases is not unreasonable when you consider how much it gets stolen in the store.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Same here. I would say 8 out of 10 times they just make eye contact and hit something on their screen. Occasionally they will come over and check it, which doesn't really bother me.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I know ma' rights!

[​IMG]

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

They all know me by my first name. Maybe I have a problem:D

ToofPic and shakazulu12 like this.
  14. shakazulu12

I'm not above admitting I own one of his T-shirts. I wear it every year when I go visit the family out in the sticks where they do the combine demolition derby.

15. shakazulu12

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, not above admitting to owning one? Dude, you should scream it at your kid's graduations, when you're on the podium thanking your sponsors and, shit, it should be in your signature line here. :D

Did you cut the sleeves off of it?

shakazulu12 likes this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

By wanting to check receipts they're assuming that everyone in the store is stealing stuff, that's what I don't like.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know that how? Maybe they're checking to make sure you didn't over pay for that pallet of toilet paper and that 800 pack of individually packaged eggo waffles you just picked up?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, that's like saying that they're assuming that everyone at the airport is carrying a gun.

By the way, if it makes you this mad to get scrutinized while shopping, you would NOT enjoy the black experience. :D

scottn, bleacht, cha0s#242 and 4 others like this.
  20. shakazulu12

Of course the sleeves are cut off. Someone in the extended family out there recently transplanted a hot rod motor from Harbor Freight into a golf cart. So now we can roll up in style too.

Part of me wishes I was making any of this up......