Handgun for the misses recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, May 14, 2017.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I would say that either a Sig320 (~$600) or a basic Sig229 (~$750)

Lately I have been hearing good things about the Canik. Allegedly a mix between Walther and Glock and uses Walther mags.
    http://www.canikusa.com/tp9sf/

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

My wife started with a Shield, however she always liked shooting my G26 at the range. Once the G43 came out she gave that a try, and now keeps that in the purse.

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

P938 is about 2-250 dollars more than a G43.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Mine came with night sights, 3 dot, a fuller grip and grip extension on the magazine.

Glocks are nice. I think the Sig is a bit nicer and more compact.

rugbymook likes this.
  6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Hard to beat the LCR for a purse or glove-box gun.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

many shops with ranges let you shoot their display models with the purchase of a box of ammo. I wish motorcycles could be so easy to decide! :D

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Mine came with hogue grips, 2 magazines, and a holster... and its not a glock :p :D

rugbymook likes this.
  9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've been wanting to try out the Sig P320 series to actually buy one, but no one around Nashville has been renting them. I suppose I should go check again. I'm sorta surprised - these shops are losing a sale because I can't try it first.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

odd... most stocking shops allow you to "finger bang" them at the very least.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I thought so too... I can hold it, aim it, etc. But, I can't fire it. At least, not last time I went in.

I loved the 9MM M&P until I fired it. Same for the G43. Oddly, I liked the M&P Shield when I shot it with the G43, and I expected not to.

12. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Never been to a shop that lets you dry fire.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Supposedly the drop in trigger that you can buy makes it a way better handgun.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They'll all let you do it... once.

15. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

G19 is large. M&P shield is much smaller. P938 is smaller yet. This assumes you want a 9.

If you go 380, all three (glock/S&W/sig) of those have an even smaller version to suit. All three are excellent quality.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fitment is one thing, shooting is another. A lot of those little guns are a bitch to shoot. Most of the mid-size guns now come with interchangeable grip inserts to customize the grip to small or large hands.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  17. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. My bodyguard 380 is less enjoyable to shoot than my shield. I was trying to be unbiased, but knowing I have all of those mentioned, the shield 9 is my favorite compromise of power/size and controllability.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Enough of this sensible shit. She needs a Desert Eagle, Point-Five-Oh

[​IMG]

GixxerBlade likes this.
  19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Has she shot your 1911?

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

While I agreee in theory, the P938 is somehow different. I've shot many 'micro' guns. LCP, LCR, Bersa .380, shield 9, etc and this 938 is very comfy to shoot. I put 175 round through it the day after I bought it and wasn't that sore. I did give it an initial cleaning, but still not a single FTF, FTE, or misfire btw.... out of the box!

Is it as comfy as a 'compact'? No way, the 229 and p250 compact/medium is much nicer to shoot. But it didnt hurt near as much as any other tiny guns I've shot, and its easier to control than the P250 subcompact/medium.