This is why Internet dating sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So, I was going in to check out a message I'd received on an internet dating site, when I saw one of the site's "success" stories...

They'd found each other and knew instantly that they were "right". Met in February, fell in love, got engaged in April and were to be married the following March... In their awesome engagement photo, he's wearing a sleeveless Thundercats shirt, and she's lookin' like she's never said no to Golden Corral's buffet on steak night...

I'd post a pic, except, I'm not terribly sure its not someone from here. :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, you have a profile on one of those sites? Care to share the link to it? :D

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't you see his previous thread on Internet dating? I look forward to any updates. :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, how did I miss that nugget of joy? :D

6. Lawn Dart

I actually tried to find it, but I can't remember when/who/what was said or anything... It wasn't all that long ago though.

7. Lawn Dart

[​IMG]

This is one time where a link to a youtube video would be oh, so appropriate.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The founder of Match.com's g/f left him for someone she met on Match.com.

:up: :crackup:

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Lowered Expectaaaaations....

10. Tristan

Heard the same story about the founder of eharmony..funny true or not

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's this March. And you are no longer invited.

12. Lawn Dart

I think its quite the opposite. I strongly believe that a 6 on an internet dating site instantly believes she's an 8 because she puts up 2 pictures at the beach, a duckface selfie in the car, and one where's she's holding a beer bottle to her lips at an angle where you can see inner side boob, and all of the sudden, she's got 200 guys who "wink" at her.

But, here's what guys like me are up against. I was talking to a girl the other day who is reluctant to meet people from the site because she got a message from a dude who's photo was dressed as a unicorn asking if she wanted to meet for sex.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You meet any chicks via your profile?

14. Lawn Dart

LOL. The girl in that photo would not be steeltoe approved. She looks like she ate one of the umbrella girls in the crumpet thread and the umbrella opened accidentally in her stomach.

15. Lawn Dart

I only have one pic, Dave. Pink shirt, kitchen knife. It brings all the girls to the yard...

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I would think that those sites can be very good or they can turn into a cluster if you aren't careful. I met a lady on Match.com in January 2006 and we are very compatible and ended up falling in love and getting married almost three years later. We just had our 5th wedding anniversary.

17. Lawn Dart

18. Tristan

I was referring to the old SNL skit... "lowered expectations"

I'm right there with ya, been on and off Match for years.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Wow. Well, if you're looking for stupid impressionnable teenage girls, you might think this guy is a threat...

But there are a lot of normal people on there too. Sometimes you just have to dig further and go for the ones that aren't as big attention whores.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned