Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. AFMotorsports

AFMotorsports Well-Known Member

I'm not sure meeting Josh in person is a requirement for forming a less-than-favorable opinion of him. Actions (or lack of) often speak louder than words. Regardless of intent, after Josh's contact with another bike results in two riders being ejected at high speed and two motorcycles destroyed, an honorable individual wouldn't be quoted as saying 'I didn't have time to go talk to the guy at Miller' while there for an entire day. That's pretty weak sauce and speaks volumes of his character. Even the biggest Josh Herrin fan couldn't be proud of that lame excuse.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're going to call someone a brat, actually knowing them is kind of a prerequisite. You may not like things you've read about them on the internet but you don't have enough information to make a call like that.

3. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Two days.

4. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

x2, and they were off track a good amount of time because of weather too. No class, continues to show it, just my opinion

5. AFMotorsports

AFMotorsports Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so "brat" is off the table then even though his words were quoted in RRW. What choice adjectives are acceptable for a professional racer we don't know personally, but who's words and actions we deem unacceptable?? I didn't get to know Bin Laden personally either but I'm certain many of us had some choice adjectives to describe him. Of course I'm not suggesting Herrin is Bin Laden, just making the point that we are allowed to form an opinion about public figures without necessarily meeting them in person and hanging out. I personally felt that "brat" might be one of the milder choices of adjectives I would consider... ymmv

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So...which race does he have to sit out...1st or 2nd?

I would think he would want to sit out the 2nd...that way he'll have the same amount of track time as everyone else going into the 1st race.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I doubt he gets to make that choice.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're comfortable jumping to conclusions about people without actually knowing them. Interesting.

9. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

I certainly am. I don't have to meet someone or "know" someone to form an opinion or make conclusions.

I've never met a lot of people that I hold in high regard. And I've never met a lot of people that I distain. Hitler and Rush Limbaguh for example. I loath those guys.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't know him either, but in this situation, he's being a brat.

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I try to avoid the 'pile-on' but in this case I just can't.

Gotta disagree with the big guy on this one, I've pretty much formed an opinion based on what I've read on the intertubes (from Josh, mind you) and seen on Speed Channel.

It's not positive.

I may be wrong, all the other people here may be wrong, but If the rule is now that you have to have interacted personally with someone in order to form an opinion of them or their behavior, every single person on this BBS is guilty of jumping to conclusions about multiple people, mutiple times. Per day. Doesn't matter if it's positive or negative.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Next time you say something about my girl Ke$ha I'm gonna reference this post. You judged my queen.:tut:

13. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

14. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

He's a nice kid.Really.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did? Don't know nuttin bout her other than she can't sing :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh no, he can't be. They've seen stuff on the internet.

17. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

He's a "young" kid....

18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

You've met Micheal Moore?
    Steve

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I called him a liar. He said Roger wouldn't meet with him, Roger would. That alone proves me right. ;) I find liars to be douches, 1+1=2.

20. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

In a situation like this he almost can't win no matter what he says. I do think it's pretty bush league that he couldn't find time to go apologize, but I don't know the circumstances more than 2nd or 3rd hand info.

That said, even Valentino went directly over to Casey Stoner after their crash to apologize. It takes 2 minutes, and goes a LONG way towards repairing any bad feelings.