1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Herrin at Daytona (new title, same thread)

Discussion in 'General' started by evil smile, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Ear-Tuckin-Flatbiller :up:

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup:

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ahh, I thought you were one of those guys that bagged on Danny for calling Phil a pussy then.

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

No, that was Chad Jensen, the guy who paints the Graves Yamahas and the GEICO RMR Suzukis. And maybe that pots guy, too.

5. backcountryme

:Poke:That explains everything.:Poke:

6. backcountryme

John, how is Dane doing?

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Other than a broken thumb, great. To escape crashing at 170+ with a broken thumb and no other damage is pretty spectacular.:up:

8. backcountryme

Great to hear. I really hop he is healed up enough to make the next race. You have a great rider there, and with Danny on the RMR bike they are representing Oklahoma well.

9. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Isn't Cory West from Oklahoma too?

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I was thinking it might have been a middle finger that was sticking up as he crashed.:D

11. backcountryme

Well kinda. He was born in Oklahoma, but has lived in Eureka Springs Arkansas forever. But he is still an Okie I guess. Haha. Hell of a racer. I know that Danny and him used to run together in the old barn flattrack days. I remember seeing Cory run in Glen Rose Texas about 13 or so years ago.

12. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Papa....

Will you be my friend? :D

:crackup:

13. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Cory's biggest dream, an Okie 1, 2, 3 on the podium (west, westby, eslick). He tells me that pretty often on Friday morning before practice at almost every AMA race weekend

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

In slow mo, it almost looks like Dane is going to ride it out, up until Taylor finds him.

15. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Gee... Josh dumped me as a friend too... and I didn't even call him a Douch Bag.... :tut:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do you actually know him?

17. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

fan pages are for fans. friend's profiles are for people that know him.

his fan page is still up and running

18. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

John I have to point out some things that i agree and disagree with not that you or anyone else could care what i think but a different perspective. I was an MTI (drill instructor) in the Air Force for about 6 years (until recently) and during this time one of the things I noticed with all of my kids male and female is responsibility. They were never held responsible for their actions, they never understood that their actions caused other actions. Attention to detail and ensuring virtually mistake-free decision making and a very fast rate was something i demanded from my kids becuase I was preparing these kids to venture into harms way and do very bad things to very bad people. I would never demoralize them or call them names but I would state they were acting like a <fill in the blank>. I wanted them to realize in the profession of arms we must ensure our decisions don't cause unwanted death or injuries or loss of resources. JH is no different than any other kid in this regard but the thing I've noticed about his behavior is that it's constant, it's common events that continue to occur. Yes, it motorcycle racing, it's dangerous, we know this! But when your actions create the potential for very bad things to occur to 2 other racers I think those actions warrant consequences. It looks like AMA is addressing this but my concern, they are addressing the event that occured. Someone needs to address the behavior, someone needs to hold this kid accountable for the first time in his life or the potential exhists for more events similar to this. He, judging by his response online, doesn't see the problem of his action (Problem #1), he thinks the problem is that he shouldn't have stated those things or posted his thoughts online when in fact the problem is that he doesn't realize he shouldn't have raced like that! I don't fault his parents, I fault his current management/team owner for not mentoring this kid enough to know right from wrong at the race track. He needs to be held accountable for his actions away from the track. Racing in the AMA is a priviledge not a right.

19. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

might have been born in oklahoma, but hes a eurekan, really laid back guy. Ive never seen him not smiling.
    Looks like hes going to do good this year, hope hes on the box a bunch

20. backcountryme

I could go along with that, in a slightly different order.:up: