1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who has the hook up on yeti coolers

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Apr 1, 2016.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

I know that feeling.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid::crackup:

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Are we talking pro races or club races?

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I just bought a $50 50 qt Coleman Extreme for a trip down to the coast. It sat in direct sunlight and about 80 deg temps for 2 days, some of the ice definitely melted but there was plenty left to keep the beer very cold. If I need ice for longer than that I promise you I will have electricity.

...I do have a couple Yeti tumblers and the Koozie though, it took a lot of will power to not buy a 50qt Yeti. I don't have any of the clothing or stickers on my truck though.

5. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I have a few ramblers and really like them. Keeps booze, coffee, etc. hot or cold for a while.

I just recently got a Yeti 65 from the woman as a gift and can't wait to try it out. It's one of those things that I really wanted but couldn't justify buying it for myself. She actually bought it from an Ace Hardware and they knocked money off the list price with a little wheeling and dealing.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeti makes good stuff but you can get good coolers at WalMart that keep ice for days.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

do you drive a jeep wrangler? All the kool(er) kids have the YETI decal. Just dont ask a Yeti bicycle owner if it came with a cooler. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Contigo - great cups for cold or hot, stainless so they're tough, ice doesn't melt in the sun in the jeep all day long.

Skter505 and R Acree like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

V5 Racer likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need a better fridge at the track :D

My outside cooler on the RV is 12v - and works as a freezer as well, have to be careful not to turn the temp down too far. Also cheaper than a Yeti and no ice :D

One upside to Yeti is they sponsor Borello. That's about it tho.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

couldnt remember the name of the cup all the cool dudes use out west. Has a push button so you wont spill any coffee (or beverage)! :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've been wanting a Coleman one for a while - and something as an alternate to Salt Life :crackup:

Maybe asphalt life....

Dragginass likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First time I saw the stickers I thought it was for the bikes.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My coffee cup doesn't have a push button but the water bottles do. Secure enough I toss one in the backpack for flights (fill at the airport) and it's never leaked even bouncing around in the overhead. Ran across them at Meijers or WalMart once and fell in love with the brand, lots of options depending on how you want your coffee cup to be set up.

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

C'mon, don't BS us. We all know the real reason is this...

16. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

But then you would not be buying water by the pallet ...

:p

17. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Contigo is definitely the way to go for coffee. Keeps it super hot and won't spill. I love mine. The yeti's you can still spill it which is a no go for me.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. I dont know what these Yeti Tumblers are yall are talking about, but you know that Under Armor has insulated bottles that keep ice water forever, right? They are only like $20-$30 depending on what size you get. I have about 6-7 of them.

You can put ice water in them in the morning, and the next morning the ice will still be in there. I like them because i can fill them with ice, then throughout the day i just have to pour water in there. They will keep the ice all day unless the water i pour in there over and over is too hot, then the ice will eventually melt.

19. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I like my Hydroflask, very similar to you UA bottles

20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Nope fridge in the hauler is awesome I just don't go to that part of the building much on a race weekend. Wife has OCD worse than broome ever dreamed of and the fridge is located in her bubble side of the hauler. ;) I'm a outside type anyway and way too busy on a race weekend to be on the 'clean' side of the rig anyway.

I like my YETI but I got a 5 day Coleman that's almost as good and is 15 years old and cost less than $50 back then :)