1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 25, 2019.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And Broome wants a pet turtle.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For this week, not at all. I picked him up for a late-season boost. But I had to put him into the lineup early because of other players on bye weeks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    dtalbott likes this.
  3. dtalbott

Mathew Stafford has broken bones in his back, and still wants to play.

Old school.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

lol no doubt. There’s no scenario in which losing a skill player to pick up a D makes sense.

BigBird likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you played in this league before? Have you seen how often there are four or more teams on the playoff bubble going into the final regular-season game? I can think of plenty of scenarios where that would make a difference.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  6. Scotty87

Way I see it, a good day from a D is 8-10, great being 10+ and an anomaly. Any skill player that has an owner worried about him getting snatched up on waivers is likely to produce more points than that week in and week out. It’s one thing to dump a scrub or a hurt guy off your roster to get a stop-gap D, totally different to actually trade someone that would have another owner interested.

What I’m saying is this: if you field a team with no D for a week because you don’t want to let go of anyone on your roster, you probably give up ten points at the most, for one game. If you give up a skill player you value you probably give up 10+ every week for the remainder, and now have two Ds.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why it's good to start with only a few good players, you can keep a spare D and kicker :crackup:

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  8. Scotty87

I retract my above statement. I would absolutely trade a spare kicker for a D. :crackup:

that’s a scenario I had not considered, lol.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I go for both because well, I suck at this :crackup:

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I’m just glad I checked my roster in my other league 5 minutes before the game started. Otherwise I would have had a 0 at QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird likes this.
  11. dtalbott

Well, since you are still running Knox as a starting TE, I can understand how you would consider Gesicki as a quality skill player.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Scotty87

Lol. It was a matter of time before Gesicki blew up, and he’s certainly more worthy of hanging onto going forward vs a D some other owner is willing to trade. My woes at TE have zero to do with that. If BB manages to pull out a win without a D it’s an even smarter move.

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And what I'm saying is that based on previous experience, when your team is right around the median ranking or slightly below, pretty much every game in the last 30% of the season is a playoff game. If I'm in a situation where that decision makes a difference to a single game, I'm prioritizing getting to the playoffs over having a good playoff team.

If you lose a game by a couple of points because you didn't have a defense (very plausible scenario) and a couple of weeks later miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker (very plausible scenario), you might rethink the wisdom of that gamble. And again, that scenario is really not crazy for our league.

And then, there are those special gifts from the universe like the guy you didn't want to drop for a defense ends his season with an ACL injury the next week. When you have my kind of luck, that's also a very plausible scenario. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  14. dtalbott

Anupe, great pickup of Daniel Jones.

15. Scotty87

Definitely can see that angle as well. Maybe I’m too tied in to the big picture scenarios.

BigBird likes this.
  16. dtalbott

You ever watch one of your starters just dominate the opening series, never see the ball for the rest of the game, and think, "I wonder what he called the coach/QB/whatever on the sidelines after that good series?"

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well it seemed it worked out [emoji3]

I mean, this year it doesn't look like I'm a bubble team, so I could afford the risk. Otherwise I probably would have gotten a D, but there was nothing left that was even guaranteed a 0. I was more scare that they would get negative

Sent from my smatrfone

Scotty87 and dtalbott like this.
  18. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Thx, pure luck with Stafford not playing announced just hours before game time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. dtalbott

It helped that the rest of your team blew up.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well there goes riding the defense theory [emoji16]

And Paige slays another top team. She always find a way to beat the good teams.

Hey Mongo, looks like you won. No wallowing in defeat this week.

Sent from my smatrfone