1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS Fantasy Football 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 25, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Things keep getting better. :rolleyes:
    I picked up Drake off the waivers, thinking this is the one week this year he's going to be valuable, having been traded from Miami to Arizona when Dave Johnson is hurting. That could be the difference in my game this week. Turns out on Thursday that Johnson is playing for sure. Then I let the damn coach spook me on Thursday (about Drake): "we will use him in some capacity." So on the bench he went. And promptly scored 28 points. FML. :crackup:

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Thursday Night Wacky Football.

I would not have started Drake against SF, and Murray (23 points) sat on my bench.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yea I wouldn't have started him either against what seemed an elite defense, so it does suck to miss out on 28 points, but I'm with you on why not.

dtalbott likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys need to keep in mind that we're not making this decision from the same point of view. I can afford major gambles. There was no need for me to be cautious. I flat-out chickened out.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would have too. Short rest with a brand new team vs a run stuffing D and on a Thursday. That's not even a gamble that's like 3 hail mary's in one

dtalbott likes this.
  6. dtalbott

I try to avoid players on Thursday night and London.

McCaffrey has scored over 20 fantasy points in every game this year, except London, where he had 7.

I hate games out of the routine.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

You failed to mention that your opponent played D Johnson to a zero, so it seems you both were misled, but he suffered more than you.

Sent from my smatrfone

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Still a really nice pickup tho.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

possibly. They still have Johnson and Edmonds.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In what universe did he suffer more than me? He didn't need Johnson to beat me. As of right now, I don't even have a QB for the weekend. I needed to Drake to have a tiny chance.

Not beyond this week, in my opinion. Unless Johnson gets hurt again.

11. dtalbott

His opponent played D Johnson to a zero last weekend, too.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's because the Cardinals coach is trying to be Bill Belichick...sorry ...he's not that.

13. dtalbott

Papa, what are your backup plans for QB?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My backup is on bye this week. I'll pick up some random guy on Sunday.

15. dtalbott

I have David Carr if you want him.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When is the trade deadline anyway? I thought I read in here a few days ago that we had reached it.

17. dtalbott

A week from tomorrow, I think.

Nov 9.

18. dtalbott

Great pickup, Papa.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

D. Why on earth would I trade a 120 point WR for a 65 point TE? I’m literally going to rename your team Lever’s Heroes

BigBird likes this.
  20. dtalbott

Because if you remove robinson, move Edelman back to WR, move Montgomery to flex, and Henry to TE, your team no longer has a dead spot.

Maybe that 65 point TE would have more points if he hadn't missed four games.

Good luck.