1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage 7 recruitment program!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 13, 2011.

1. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Steve, you need to make the trip up next year so we all can get caught up on how good we used to be. LOl It would be fun to race against you as the last time we rode together was either the 2001 GNF or NPR when Chip and I invaded your territory.
    Mbmotorsports
    Melch, a former V7MW champion used to call me." Oh great master of the darkie", but Ken Johnson refers to my bigger 1100 as the blast furnace. He said I left a darkie at Jennings from turn 1 thru 3. I raced half the season before I realized all the packing had blown out of the cannister. My 245lb traction control system apparently is not tire wear friendly. :beer:

2. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Ahhhhh,the memories.....

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yea i retired for a while and every time i think im out , they drag me back in! LOL. Just getting back up to speed and getting the bike setup. Going to put the VFR back together soon. Right now im riding an F3 here in CMRA. But im have FUN! And thats all that matters.
    Ok, OK 2nd Sucks and i want to win.LOL Hows ole Chipster doing? Tell him Hi for me. Take care and look after that traction control. Later.

Steven Isenhower # 52 v-6 2001
    CMRA # 168

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yup and you kept pointing that 3' long screwdriver at me. :moon:

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

i thought i was the only one using that :p

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I'm in the right class then, I'm 6-2, 238 lbs.

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I'm putting screwdriver graphics on my bike, wait and see!

8. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

So, that was why it was so HOT in Jennings!

After my surgery in April, I have gained some traction control myself. Ugh!

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

230# traction control and 6-3 outriggers. Hoping to breakout my junkyard pasta 748 and give it a try in v7 at RRR this year. It's been awhile since I rode a twin, so it should be fun.

I have not seen the track much since 2006, my little one is ready to root for the red "da-cotty".

Dennis
    Gypsyracing
    :beer:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  10. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

You put an orange fender on that thing yet?

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Bring her on out Dennis. I dont know that we have seen the little one yet. Youve been gone so long now. Still remember how to shift gears and turn? Since its my Bday weekend at RRR Im thinking the kid is gonna come out with me and root me on. We may even share the bike so he can run a couple modern classes on it and the v7hw race.
    Ill be there sporting a Brand New Paint Job done by Mr. Chuck Deez. Cant wait to see it on the bike!!!

As for traction controll I have all you beat. Standing at 5'7 125lbs with me leathers on. Thats why I run the bigger back tire than the rest of the guys in 7mw. Cause I dont have enough ass to keep the thing from laying blackies all over the place.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Lol, nice. I'll try to refrain from jumping on your back.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

No Road A?

14. Dyle

Not for me either BJ. See you at RRR in July or are you heading to Mid O for VMD?

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Boo. I'm starting to think you guys are hiding from me. If I race in July it'll be vmd. I love midohio and think it'd be cool as hell to race there. Unfortunately I'm changing jobs and have a 30 day lapse in benefits with the new place. I need to learn more about cobra health plans to make sure I'll be covered properly for racing before I commit to going tho.

16. Dyle

VMD is just way out of my budget. I would love to go there once and see what its all about but just cant afford it. Plus my bike is apart and I just dont have the time to get it together for Road Atl.

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

His painter wont allow it on the DUC...lol

18. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Yeah, but I know he has a can of day-glo orange in his garage...

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It may get a "touch up" overnight at the track

20. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice